• Graduate of Mechanical Engineering, or a 2-year Course in Mechanical Technology with equivalent training and/or experience.
• Minimum 10-years working experience in operation and maintenance of thermal power plant companies including 5 years in a supervisory position.
• Knowledge of operations, repair, and preventive maintenance of Water Treatment Plants, Fire Protection Systems, Compressed Air / Vacuum and Steam Systems, Power Generation Systems, Lifting Equipment, Site Maintenance Equipment and all minor equipments operating within these systems.
• Shall possess a valid driver's license.
Planning, scheduling and assignment of daily, weekly and monthly workloads of all mechanical trade disciplines.
• Overall supervision of the Mechanical Technicians in the execution of the delegated workload.
• Inspection and monitoring the status of scheduled activities.
• Overseeing the job execution of the Mechanical Technicians to ensure that works instructions and procedures are adhered to.
• Estimating materials required for planned and scheduled on-site tasks.
• Balancing of manpower requirements for planned and scheduled on-site tasks.
• Identification of additional and specialised tools and equipments required on-site, in liaison with the Site Superintendent.
• Liaison with other O&M site departments and with the Client's representative to ensure all necessary safety and Quality Control/Quality Assurance (QA/QC) requirements are identified and implemented.
• Verification of task documentation on completion, including verification of previously identified QA/QC requirements.
• Preparation of daily and weekly time sheets.
• Compilation and submission of task reports.
• Conducting weekly Safety-Toolbox meetings to discuss and resolve any problems arising during those weeks' operational-activities.
• Maintains an inventory of all materials, equipment and specialized tooling issued under his control.
• Adheres to the Tool Control Procedures of ACGC and the Client, as and when required.
• Executes the training program of Saudi Trainees, whenever required including;
• Preparation of training materials, including arrangement of a training schedule and assignments to the Trainer Technician.
• Monitors status reports and recording the developments of the training programme / trainee.
• Supporting the Trainer Technicians as necessary.
• Applies the principles of supervision, (planning / organisation / leadership / control), to all daily activities.
• Evaluates capabilities of personnel under his supervision.
• Adherence to the disciplinary procedures lay down by the company.
• Establishes and maintains effective work teams for completion of their assigned tasks in a effective and efficient manner.
• Performance of any other supervisory tasks as delegated by Site Superintendent.