- Carries out mechanical repair, maintenance and overhaul activities in any of the company™s onshore and offshore sites or in the workshop. Covers equipment and machinery such as pumps of various types, compressors, gas turbines, electric motors, valves, fan units, gear-boxes etc.
- Receives instructions and obtains specified materials, spare parts and tools.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Mechanical Technician inspects, maintains, repairs and overhauls a variety of heavy plant and equipment in accordance with company standards, codes and practices.
- Dismantles, repairs or replaces various types of equipment and reassembles either on site or in the workshop. Carries out appropriated final tests under supervision.
- Submits a technical report on each item of equipment repaired for maintenance history records.
- Receives, identifies, and sorts incoming spare parts, components and consumable. Prepares, tags and ships out-going mechanical maintenance freight as required.
- Carries out vibration surveys for predictive maintenance. Includes collecting data using vibration analyzer, and submitting print-out to his supervisor for further analysis.
- Ensures all maintenance activities are conducted within company standing instructions and procedures and good oil industry practice.
- Ensures good housekeeping on the job site and maintains all tools and equipment in good order.
- Performs other similar or related duties as required.
- Completion of Secondary (Technical) education (12 years) followed by 2 years™ full time formal training in mechanical trades.
- 5 years™ experience in mechanical maintenance work in oil or petrochemical industry.
- Fair knowledge of English.