Provides and promotes library resources and services to the medical college. The main responsibilities of this position are to provide a broad-range of research support and instruction services to faculty, staff and students in the schools of the health sciences including general reference and information services, user education, outreach, and literature searches. The librarian works closely with the University s health sciences community to connect research and information needs with library resources and innovative services. Experience with publishing or presenting work at medical education meetings
• Provide core reference services; including mediated database searching and in-depth consultation to identify and effectively use knowledge-based information resources
• Develops and delivers instructional content in response to identified information needs of students, staff, and faculty of the medical school.
• Fulfills immediate information needs of faculty and college leadership via mediated searching as needed.
• Assists patrons in contacting electronic searches requested by patrons through databases, such as MEDLINE, and sends results to users.
• Develops instructional material and teaches information literacy classes, to include but not limited to, the use of the library, available resources, equipment, various services offered, and policies.
• Works collaboratively with other librarians at KU Libraries to license and publicize appropriate digital content in fulfillment of the needs of the medical school.
• Recommends budget allocations and assures responsible application of fiscal resources given to the Library;
• Works collaboratively with faculty and the medical school management to integrate the library into health sciences curricular, research, and clinical programs; including marketing library resources, giving presentations to departments, recommending instruction topics, assessing needs and developing new classes, workshops, or programs to meet the needs of the health sciences community.
• Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
• Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
• Master s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited university, or an advanced degree in education, medicine, public health or biomedical field,
• Arabic language proficiency is preferred but not essential.
• Experience in using medical databases.
• Knowledge of the region s medical community
• A minimum (12 ) years of relevant experience.
• A minimum of (8 ) years of relevant experience