We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced procurement leader to join our growing organization. In this position, you will manage our organization's supply operations for products and services, overseeing multiple responsibilities. You should be committed to discovering cost-effective deals and suppliers to build partnerships with, allowing the NOV Downhole MENA department to invest in growth. You will be a key member working across the planning and purchasing functions. The role will require a dynamic, driven and flexible person with strategic thinking and planning who can carry out a multitude of activities. This role will require a person with excellent communication and coordination skills, who will engage and develop relationships with key stakeholders such as operations, inventory, logistics, sales, and quality control. Your quality information will improve the delivery of goods, to support the NOV-Downhole MENA region's Operational Excellence Strategy in maximizing sales, improving delivery times and reducing COGS and operations expenses.
Procurement and Facilities:
• Owner of the procurement process within Downhole MENA region.
• Manage workflow from initiation to completion (of both purchased orders and deliveries)
• Lead on any outsourcing or major re-sourcing activities within the region.
• Identify opportunities in cost, quality and lead-time improvements for the Downhole procurement across MENA region.
• Work with global Wellbore Technology Supply Chain team and 3rd party suppliers to set up pricing agreements to lower overall COGS and operational expenses.
• Assist with establishing Vendor-Managed Inventory supply agreements to limit exposure to excess inventory.
• Assist in identifying troubled suppliers (in terms of quality, delivery, and/or cost) and alternative replacements to strengthen overall supply chain
• Monitor planning processes, identifying areas of improvement and/or risk; communicate and discuss changes in processes to key stakeholders.
• Working with regional and global quality function to ensure supplier quality requirements are adhered to.
• Audit and monitor purchasing activities in locations to confirm compliance with QMS and legal requirements
• Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by the management team
• Thoroughly examine and test existing contracts and look for opportunities to lower cost and improve payment terms.
• Prepare risk management for supply contracts and agreements
• Overlook facilities requirements within MENA locations, including; leases and rentals, CAPEX and consumables.
• Establish processes and procedures for facilities maintenance to comply with business, industry, customers, and governments requirements.
• Liaise with other departments to ensure efficient cost reduction in facilities management and sourcing opportunities.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• Professional Procurement or Supply Chain Certificate such as CIPS, CSCP, CPP, etc.
• Preferred: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
• Preferred: Lean management certification
• 5 years' minimum experience in procurements function with MENA region.
• Deep understanding of oilfield supply chain operations
• People Management experience
• Knowledge of ERP, MRP Systems
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Functional Area :
Buying / Purchase / Procurement / Vendor Management