1 Duties and Responsibilities
•Provide targeted technical support to MHPSS team (Technical Advisors, PSS Managers and PSS Officers)
•To have regular online meetings with Technical Advisors (TA) of hubs
•When possible, to visit field teams and to provide technical support at field level (including inside Syria)
•To update the MHPSS online toolbox with Activity Factsheets, approved guidelines and manuals, presentations and other relevant technical documents in English and Arabic
•To facilitate the participation and communication among all MHPSS team
•To participate in recruitment (designing technical job descriptions, tests and interviews)
•To support the TAs during emergency interventions
•To give inputs on purchases of psychosocial support equipment
•To assess, analyze, prioritize and respond to knowledge needs of the MHPSS team
•To ensure the MHPSS staff induction when needed
•To co-design and implement a capacity building plan for all MHPSS team
•To support the TAs in the training of the field teams (design of trainings, choice of the most appropriate methodology, validation/harmonization of didactical material, check of translated technical documents) and to organize direct trainings to field teams if needed.
•To support TAs in the adaptation of the HI approach and tools to the specific conditions of each setting in each hub
•To improve specific tools for MHPSS work with People with Disabilities, Injuries and Amputations in the framework of the Comprehensive Rehabilitation approach
•To evelop/implement new MHPSS approaches and services, namely MHPSS Stand Alone (SA) and on topics requested from the Hubs.
•To support the technical coordinator in ensuring the quality of translation of technical documents and their adaptation to the local culture
•Monitoring of quality of MHPSS services
•To visit MHPSS teams on the field if possible and to monitor ongoing MHPSS activities
•To provide technical documents and training materials with evidence-based content
•To ensure the implementation of the HI approach and tools in all hubs, supporting the TAs in solving challenges related to the specificities of each context
•Toensure the implementation of the latest HI assessment model
•To follow-up technical reports from TAs
•To make sure all the project monitoring and follow-up documents are regularly transferred to HI Database Manager and contribute to analyze data on a regular basis
•Communication and strategy development
•To collaborate and share information, tools and trainings with the Physical Rehabilitation Technical Coordinator, Livelihood Technical Coordinator and TAs
•To actively participate in the Technical Unit (TU) activities
•To collaborate with Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning department (MEAL) for data analysis related to MHPSS
•To collaborate with the TAs and within the TU in order to adapt the strategy, the approach and the tools to the context changes to ensure that the MHPSS technical components are relevant, effective/impactful, efficient, and sustainable;
•To contribute to the monthly situation report (SITREP) by providing relevant data related to the MHPSS Technical Coordinator
•To respect the human resources, security, logistical and administrative procedures
•Respect the confidentiality of all information and data received.
•Restrict information sharing only to relevant internal staff and none to external sources.
•Respect and promote HI s policies and report to the line manager any non-respect of these policies amongst the teasor partners.
•Address needs and requests in a professional way.
•Report any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others
• Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager and the technical referent.
• This is a highly mobile position. Employee should expect to spend at least 50% of the working time outside of Jordan, with trips to Beirut (Lebanon), Erbil and Dohuk (northern Iraq) and some accessible parts of Syria.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE will have:
• Formal degree in Psychology (Master degree of Psychology preferable) Preferred:
• A complementary degree in Sociology / Social Work / Community based approaches would be an asset
• 5 years of Professional experience in the related field,
• 3 years at a senior level: provision of MHPSS services of different levels (psychosocial counselling, training and supervision of MHPSS staff)
• Strong proven knowledge and experience in psychosocial approaches, implementation of MHPSS programs in emergency contexts and trauma-work.
• Experience with PwD/PwI
• Proven experience in providing technical support to field teams, implementing trainings
• Experience in INGO in emergency context
• 1 year (minimum) of project management of MHPSS project with team management
• Experience in remote management would be an asset
• Arabic and English mandatory (Verbal and written)
• Understanding of a comprehensive approach of vulnerability and disabilities issues and their interactions with psychosocial consequences
• Good report writing skills
• Demonstrated effective communication, analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and in a multidisciplinary teamwork.
• Ability to work under high pressure with a great level of personal organisation
• Diplomacy sense
• Ability to travel extensively