MEP Engineer - Subject to contract award
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Responsible for the facilities maintenance team and will be assigned to manage and support teams of Supervisors, Team Leaders and Technicians (Electrical, ELV, General Trades, HVAC Mechanical or MEP).
Accountable to ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) tasks, reactive & corrective maintenance and project works are delivered to meet the contract Key Performance Indicators, compliance and statutory obligations and that all reports and documentation that underpin the services are kept up to date.
Typically reporting to a Department Manager and accountable with the supervisory and operation/technical teams.
There will be a requirement to establish a relationship with the client at a technical and operational level.
Required to maintain regular communications with the Stores, Helpdesk, CAFM, CMMS, BMS and other teams/stakeholders.
* Oversee the planning and scheduling of resources required to deliver building and engineering services including specialist subcontractors and service delivery partners
* Will have input into the development of the maintenance procedures and protocols including method statements and appropriate HSEQ requirements
* Where required, will also act as the approved/authorised person for conducting risk assessment and signing off method statements and Permits to Work
* Provide technical support for all building services equipment on the contract
* Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of policies, procedures and protocols for building services planned and reactive maintenance (including Risk Assessments, Permit to Work System, Lock Out Tag Out, and Emergency Procedures)
* Lead maintenance activities by providing specialist engineering knowledge and advice, associated with the full range of building services Undertake the role of Competent Person (CP) duties for building services systems
* Prepare and provide shift and handover reports in a timely manner as required
* Plan, coordinate and supervise in-house staff and specialist service contractors utilised to provide the planned, reactive and corrective maintenance services as detailed in the contract to ensure that SLA's and KPI's are adhered to
* Coordinate with external parties regarding the Utility Supplies as required
* Engage and provide input into the development of the annual and 5 Year Asset Maintenance Plans, Energy Management Plans and Asset Condition Survey
* All work is to be performed as per HSEQ standards and requirements
* Work with other engineers, managers and supervisors to develop and deliver a training matrix of maintenance skills to support the development of technicians into multi-skilled technicians
* Carry out other duties as directed by the line manager or member of the senior management team
What we are looking for in our candidates:
* Technically competent with a clear knowledge and experience of building services system, life safety and buildings controls systems
* Strong communication skills and there will be a high level of accountability to manage, report and escalate any incident or event that may have an impact on services
* Highly motivated and flexible to work in a time-sensitive environment to respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies
* Able to work under stringent deadlines in a high-pressure environment, and manage priorities
* A high competency in English language skills, excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers
* Ability to use AutoCAD, Visio, MS Project will be an advantage
* Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or Building Services Management
* 5 years' minimum experience working as an engineer in a building services engineering department within a facilities management organisation
* 3 years minimum supervisory experience with the ability to manage maintenance teams
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.