• Experienced facilities technicians to operate, monitor, and support the data centers.
• Working under the direction of the Data Center Facilities Manager, Maintenance Technicians interact with support teams with local contractors and vendors.
• Technicians must ensure that facilities problems are identified and repaired quickly, that contractors deliver quality services, and that internal customer demands are met. A good technician develops creative approaches to keep operational costs to a minimum, improve efficiency, and implement consistent maintenance strategies. This position requires shift work that includes swing, grave, weekends and holidays
• Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in facilities systems. Areas include: Electrical, Mechanical and Building Monitoring and Control.
• Tracking and trending operational characteristics.
• Ability to work in a Team Atmosphere
• Ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on these systems.
• Ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise during normal working hours or when on call.
• Must understand the Data Center environment and excel in customer service
• Ability to learn quickly, works autonomously, and addresses any issues that arise day or night
• A willingness to provide on call support in case of emergencies or other off hours issues at the facilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented
• 3 to 5 years experience in design, Implementation and Operation of mission critical facilities.
• Holding industry recognized certification/ Practical experience in related subjects.
• Sound Knowledge of AutoCAD and CFD tools
• An Associate s degree, trade school certification, or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field such as HVAC, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering.
• 3 to 5 years experience or the equivalent in a mission critical environment (preference given to data center, hospital, or power plant experience).
• 3 or more years in mechanical/HVAC, electrical, or a combination of both; mechanical applicants must have or be able to obtain a Universal Refrigerant Handler s certification and electrical applicants must have or be able to obtain licensing if required by the local jurisdiction.
• Excellent understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, electrical power bus, Chillers, Air handling units and CRAH units, Sound Knowledge of AutoCAD and CFD tools.