ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Deputy Head of Mission for Programmes (DHoM), and in cooperation with Information
Management Advisor (IMA), technical coordinators and MEAL staff in the operational bases, the MEAL Coordinator will:
1.Strategy: Implement a sound and adapted-to-context MEAL strategy and operational guidance, for results oriented and quality programming;
2.Oversight: Ensure the mission uses strategic, accurate and consistent data collection for developing evidence based programming;
3. Technical support: Provide specific technical support for the conduction of assessments, surveys and ad-hoc data collection and analyses throughout the project and programme cycle management;
4. Capacity building: Sensitize and build the capacity of staff for an enhanced transparency, accountability and learning mind set in the mission and in the framework of a continuous capitalization and learning approach.
5. External Representation: Coordinates the MEAL representation of PU-AMI among external stakeholders.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE AND LINKED ACTIVITIES
1. Lead the implementation of a sound and adapted-to-context MEAL strategy and operational guidance based on the mission strategic plan, for results oriented and quality programming
Ensure the implementation and updating of the MEAL strategy at mission level, MEAL plans for each sector, and MEAL action plans at base level;
Prepare results frameworks, performance monitoring and evaluation plans for new projects and/or grant proposals, including the harmonization/standardization of indicators, data collection methodologies, timelines, measurement tools, analysis and reporting protocols, products and expected delivery;
In collaboration with the Grants and Communications Manager and relevant project and/or technical staff, contributing to grant proposals and donor report writing and reviewing for all information related to MEAL in order to ensure that proposals, reports and any other project documents capture progress, effectiveness, and impact of activities;
Develop grant-specific indicators, as well as internal indicators for each sector, in collaboration with technical coordinators and MEAL staff located in the operational bases;
Support technical coordinators in the development of logical frameworks, relevant key performance indicators, and accurate monitoring mechanisms necessary to ensure sound logic of interventions and to inform on the impact of activities;
Ensure that results of report reviews and other donor feedback is constructively fed back to project teams;
In coordination with the DHoM, conduct periodical program review activities and lessons learnt sessions, to evaluate progress towards project goals and outcomes;
Ensure accountability mechanisms are streamlined at mission level and integrated into the MEAL framework of each grant contract.
Identify and organize key MEAL staff needed to implement MEAL approaches as presented in proposals to donors;
Ensure MEAL staff JDs are regularly updated and provide technical support in MEAL recruitment processes
2. Ensure the mission counts with strategic, accurate and consistent data collection for developing evidence based programming, providing specific technical support in data collection and analyses throughout the project and programme cycle management.
Work closely with the base MEAL teams, technical coordinators, and the IMA to design and implement project monitoring systems and tools, including data collection, aggregation and analysis, giving attention to newly developed Health Information System (HIS).
Define methodologies for any qualitative and quantitative data collection, such as baselines/endline studies, needs assessments and surveys, providing technical support on sampling methodology, development of questionnaires, and analysis process;
Develop and/or validate Terms of References (ToRs) for surveys, researches, case studies, lessons learnt, success stories and any other qualitative data collection methods;
Oversee and ensure quality of data collection, processing, and analysis by systematically supporting the MEAL field teams, including giving attention to health activities;
Coordinate, review and validate all internal assessments, monitoring and evaluation reports;
Support external assessments, evaluations and surveys by informing the ToRs, recruitment decisions, methodologies and draft report reviews;
Ensure MEAL findings are disseminated at base and mission level, promoting experience exchange across the mission and in HQ;
Lead the process of capitalization, capturing project history, successes, results and/or challenges.
3. Sensitize and build the capacity of staff for enhanced transparency, accountability and learning within the mission, in the framework of a continuous capitalization and learning approach
Direct management of 1 Information Managemen