IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a MEL & Communications Assistant to support a five-year USAID-funded project, Pre-Service Teacher Education in Jordan (PRESTIJ). Working with stakeholders including the Queen Rania Teacher Academy, PRESTIJ will support universities to expand and improve pre-service teacher education, and the Government of Jordan to develop and implement teacher education reforms.
Under the supervision of the MEL Manager, the MEL & Communications Assistant will assist with the project s monitoring, evaluation, learning and communication tasks to support overall performance management and communicate impact. They will be primarily responsible for data collection, entry, and filing and creating compelling stories about PRESTIJ s impact. They will also contribute to data analysis and programmatic reporting as required.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Collect data from project and partner activities in a timely, reliable, valid, and precise manner
• Enter collected data in and maintain program s beneficiary database
• Maintain soft and hard copies of all MEL related files and supporting documentation
• Assist in the analysis of indicator data
• Assist with select strategic learning activities including data analysis framed by learning questions; organize and present data results to tell a story relevant to learning questions
• Contribute to the development of data collection instruments as required
• Conduct regular data quality assurance tests
• Contribute to the development of internal and external-facing reports, communications and deliverables as required
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience :
• Jordanian residency/work authorization is required
• University degree in a relevant field
• At least 3 years of relevant experience
• High-level proficiency in Excel, including use of pivot tables, formulas and charts
• Strong analytical skills; experience with statistical analysis software preferred
• Experience working in and/or interest in developing capacity for data collection and technology systems including SurveyMonkey, Dedoose, Salesforce, and Power BI or similar
• Ability to produce draft communications and reports, including data visualizations to support key messages
• Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize
• Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
• Ability to work in a positive, solutions-oriented way independently and collaboratively with others on a team
• Ability to adapt, respond to changing conditions with flexibility and think creatively
• Strong writing, editing, and oral presentation skills in English and Arabic, as evidenced by professional experience.
Please upload a file that includes a resume/CV and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Back to Current Openings