American Institutes for Research s (AIR) International Development Program seeks to enhance the capacity of people in developing countries to improve their quality of life through education and social development. We have worked in collaboration with local and international stakeholders in more than 80 countries over the past three decades.
AIR is seeking an M&E Director to work on an expected five year, USAID-funded Building Egypt s Skilled Workforce activity in Cairo. This activity will focus on interventions aimed at achieving the following results: 1) Modernizing and improving the quality of Egypt s technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system in order to develop the technical skills and capabilities demanded by a globally competitive private sector; 2) Improving human resource management at the firm level and ensuring strong private sector engagement with the TVET system to maximize employment opportunities for graduates; and 3) Improving the enabling environment through employment and labor market policy reform to address inefficiencies at local and national levels.
The M&E Director will be responsible for ensuring robust performance monitoring and evaluation that supports the achievement of the program objectives.
• Develop and manage a monitoring and evaluation system across all program components, including review of indicators and development of monitoring activities that capture necessary data to report on results, ensure monitoring activities are conducted on schedule
• Communicate information obtained through M&E activities to AIR staff, various external stakeholders, notably donors and partners
• Be a primary M&E resource to the field office and field personnel; liaise regularly with AIR s Monitoring and Evaluation team in headquarters
• Ensure data collection process is functioning in all activity locations to provide quality data within deadlines
• Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed
• Conduct regular visits to project sites to provide technical assistance and ensure proper monitoring of project activities
• Produce M&E monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to Chief of Party and donors, as needed
• Develop annual performance plans
Eligibility: Egyptian nationals are encouraged to apply.
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects
• Bachelors or Masters degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, education, or related field; and an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred
• Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages
• Experience designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems
• Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans
• Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
• Experience in planning and managing surveys
• Experience developing and refining data collection tools
• Experience with data quality assessments and oversight
• Experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers
• Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for externally-managed evaluations
• Familiarity with the political, social, economic and cultural context of working in Egypt is also necessary
• Fluency in Arabic and English, written and spoken
Position contingent upon donor funding.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.