The Munitions Support Equipment (MSE) Maintenance Crew Chief is responsible for the management of assigned employees that inspect, maintain, and service assigned non-powered Munitions Materiel Handling Equipment (MMHE). Uses WRMMS, IMDS, and MC2 as part of routine duties. Responsible for use of quality control, assurance, and established processes as part of the ISO 9001 and 4001 standard.
• Observe and enforce all USAF and host nation explosives safety, AFOSH, and security standards applicable to MSEM or when augmenting explosives and non-explosives operations of the Munitions Dept.
• In the event of an emergency, takes necessary control and timely response actions.
• Assists in the development of the yearly master and monthly MMHE maintenance control plan IAW with established contractual standards.
• Adhere to the production scheduling of assigned MMHE in accordance with established quality processes, identifying potential problems, recommending, and implementing problem solving solutions.
• Conduct quality control of all maintenance according to technical standards, identifying potential problems, recommending and implementing solutions.
• Supervise/direct MSE Technicians, providing clear work instructions and direction expected on production efforts of all ongoing and future MMHE maintenance.
• Recondition, repair, and replace defective or missing parts of assigned MMHE, ensuring reliable serviceability.
• Enforce and adhere to consistent use of technical publications during all maintenance actions.
• Provide accurate data for the MMHE deliverables required by the PWS and Munitions SOP delivery schedule.
• Document equipment records IAW T.O. 00-20-1; process appropriate transaction in WRMMS until IMDS is fully implemented; update applicable MC2 MSEM folders.
• Store MMHE in maximum deep storage, ready-to-ship configuration to include stacking of trailers.
• Prepare and configure MMHE shipments for air, sea, and surface transportation.
• May assist with uploading/downloading of trucks with incoming and outgoing MMHE shipments.
• Identify to Munitions Control and Munitions Supervisor of job status, scheduling delays, shortfall of resources.
• Assist in the evaluation of skills, aptitudes and proficiency of assigned personnel to develop work center training requirements and ensure effective relevant training programs are instituted.
• Establish levels of resources and procure IAW with AFI 23-122 and DI standards for bench/operating stocks.
• Maintain the tool storage, CTKs, and special equipment compliant with industrial and DI standards.
• Maintain shelf life items (lubricants, paint, etc.) to include availability of MSDS for assets.
• Inspect, operate and perform maintenance on light vehicles and handling equipment such as, forklifts, pallet jacks, and manual hoists.
• Inspect and operate metal strapping equipment, stencil machines, heat sealers, air compressors and power tools.
• Inspect and perform minor maintenance on facilities and installed equipment. Clean vehicles, equipment and facilities.
• Depending on operational tempo may at times be required to participate as part of the work force conducting explosives operations.
• Works necessary hours, to include stand-by duties, to support mission requirements during peacetime and combat contingencies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of the USAF Supply and Tech Order systems.
• Prior MMHE experience preferred
• Computer literate.
• Normal color perception and depth of vision.
• Must be capable of obtaining a host nation driver's license.
Experience & Education
• Four years experience on Military Munitions; combined experience on USAF storage, maintenance and inspection procedures, to include IMDS, MC2, CAS, for MMHE and Munitions.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Physically capable of performing all required duties to include performing all required duties in hot weather conditions
• Capable of lifting 50 lbs and perform extensive work using handling/lifting equipment.
• US Secret Security Clearance required.
• Available as needed for temporary duties at other locations