Coordinate and/or perform additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems, and attached devices; including investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation, and testing of new network hardware and software. Provide engineering support on networks including the evaluation of utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems. Troubleshoot at the physical level of the network, working with network monitoring hardware and software, as well as physical checking and testing of network devices at the logical level working with communication protocols. Participate in planning design, technical review and implementation for new network.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for military leadership, providing feedback and recommendations for network engineering projects
• Provide recommendations and suggestions regarding network hardware and installations
• Provide Tier 3 Engineering and Troubleshooting support
• Perform other duties as required
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Certification
• DoD 8570.01 IAT-III Compliant
• 5 Years of Network Engineering Experience in a DOD environment
• Must be a US Citizen
Demonstrated experience with the following protocols and technologies, to include but not limited to:
• Routing protocols (BGP, BGP VPNv4, EIGRP OSPF, ISIS, RIP, MPLS and VRF) and Multicast protocols (PIM, MSDP and MBGP)
• Switching protocols (spanning tree, CST, MISTP, PVST, RPVST , VTP, DTP, GVRP, MAB, VLAN and private VLAN). DMVPN technologies (NHRP phase 3, per tunnel QOS, IKE, IPSEC, EZVPN and site-to-site VPN) / IP services (WCCP, AAA, QOS, IP SLA, EEM, Syslog, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP and NTP). Network management tools and protocols (TDMA, NetFlow, SNMP, Cisco Works, GEM-X, SNMPc, ACS, ASDM and CSM).
• Hardware experience with ASR, Nexus, UCS, ASAs, TACLANEs, and Netscreens
Current Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Certification desired
• Bachelor's Degree or 5 years of professional experience