The Network Security Engineer to plan, design, implement, audit, optimize and troubleshoot network security solutions and products for our rapidly-growing customer base. This includes providing subject matter expertise, consulting and knowledge transfer around specific technologies, solutions and products.
The Network Security Engineer will work with various customers to implement network security solutions primarily focused on Network Analysis and Security Monitoring and policy enforcement solutions (Cisco, FW, IDS/IPS, NAC, 802.1x, VPN). The individual will consult with customers while working as part of a delivery team and/or individually as the delivery lead. The individual will provide customers with technical and best practice guidance, hands-on configuration, deployment support, product training, and project management support.
The position calls for an individual who understands business operations, information technology and security. The successful candidate must have demonstrated leadership specific to technical information security issues as well as an understanding of business processes and regulations. High level communication skills are essential to successfully translate technology and security requirements into business terms
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
• Develop solutions which integrate multiple solutions in networking routing/switching, virtualization, and network-security technical disciplines
• Integrate, troubleshoot, and support
• Operate and troubleshoot with various technologies (802.1x, TCP/IP, IPSEC VPN)
• Possess in-depth knowledge of routing/switching, firewalls, and wireless
• Communicate via written technical documentation or interactive sessions with customers
• Design Wi-Fi and distributed antenna system (DAS) networks
• Develop engineering installation plans (EIPs) of the finalized Wi-Fi/DAS designs
• Develop list of materials (LOMs) for all Wi-Fi/DAS designs
• Program and install all Wi-Fi/DAS equipment
• Optimize Wi-Fi/DAS systems
• Must have ability to do wireless surveys, troubleshooting on wireless networks, continuous monitoring.
• Provides complex network support for LAN/WAN wired and wireless infrastructure, including all network applications.
• Monitors and tunes the enterprise network for optimal performance. Including all ancillary network systems, i.e. DNS, IP, monitoring.
• Performs equipment installations and relocation as required to support the business needs of the enterprise.
• Uses Helpdesk Call Tracking application to log all service and update requests accurately and well detailed. Collects data from customers to aid problem determination/resolution of request. Provides information to the Helpdesk for on-going follow up to customers until resolution of issue.
• Analyzes network traffic patterns to resolve connectivity issues. Analyzes system performance and resolves problems, makes appropriate recommendations.
• Leads in the installation, configuration and maintenance of networking systems including but not limited to LAN/MAN/WAN, security, wireless, VOIP and video.
• Review real time trending information, and contact Tiered support, when necessary.
• Maintains regular contact with users and supervisor/manager regarding status of open or pending service calls.
• 3 to 5 years or more in network design, analysis, installation, and optimization
• 2 to 4 years of strong networking experience in telecom or IT-industry engineering role
• BS in Computer Science/Information Technology/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field of study
• Cisco Certification Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent.
• Professional technical certifications commensurate with candidate s work experience within networking and security domains
Preferred Qualifications /Experience
• Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP)
• Brocade Certified Professional Internetworking (BCNP)
• Brocade Certification Network Engineer (BCNE)
• Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist (JNCIS)
• Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP)
• Palo Alto Network Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE)
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Extreme / Enterasys knowledge would be an added advantage
• Knowledge of RF design; perform/develop network topology, surveys, and heat maps
• Direct, hands-on experience with Cisco or Extreme Networks
• Experience with Cisco wireless and Mobile Access DAS systems; including Cisco Prime and ISE
• Detailed knowledge of 802.11 (x) WLAN wireless protocols
• Expert knowledge of wireless troubleshooting at all layers, including packet analysis
• Excellent technical communication, interpersonal, and program management skills with strong desire to achieve customer satisfaction in a team-oriented environment
• Ability and desire to learn new technologies through self-study or classroom/lab leading to technical certifications
• Ability to articulate and write clear and distinct engineering requirements and designs
• Strong presentations skills for external and internal customers
• Ability to perform in ambiguous environment with vague requirements and competing priorities