A leading creative agency known for their expertise, intelligence and deep understanding of clients in the built environment are looking for a new business director or regional director in Dubai. This firm targets the end user s mindset and social behaviours adding value through design solutions - covering branding, strategy, wayfinding, urban analytics, master planning and insight. Essentially, you ll be responsible for all new business rather than the design - fusing on transport, retail and residential sectors.
• Driving and growing presence of the business in the UAE.
• Increasing the client base of tier 1 developers in the built environment, focusing on retail, transport and residential.
• Bridging teams between Dubai and London and potentially NY, creating work flows and driving project delivery for the client.
• Building a network and winning work based on the existing presence, bringing on new work to build and manage your own small team.
• BID proposals, presenting design strategies, ideas and new concepts.
Skills and Experience
• Experience in the UAE.
• Understanding design from an end user in retail, transport or master planning but not limited to these sectors.
• Driving thought leadership ensuring a consultative approach to clients.
• Deep expertise in either branding, strategy, wayfinding, interior design, master planning and/or urban analytics.
• Passion for creating brands, identities, journeys and places people love.
• You might be, among other things, an architect, interior designer or industrial designer who has an existing network with large developers in the UAE. You ll be starting from a warm presence with support from an existing director.
• Drive and ambition are key for applicants who enjoy opening doors, driving business and growing, nurturing and maintaining clients. Design, people and places are key attitudes you must have.
• Salary will be broken down into base and bonus depending on the success of all work won.