At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth of in our Financial Services business, our Risk Assurance team currently has opportunities for ambitious and highly motivated Senior Managers with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects. We would like to hear from Senior Managers with experience of working with Risk and Prudential assurance background.
As a Senior Manager, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive FS experience, helping our clients solve
their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Proactively assisting in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and Partners
• Actively engage in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
• Contribute to the development of your own and team s technical acumen
• Design and support implementation of risk methodologies, metrics and reporting dashboards
• Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
• Assist in the management and delivering of large projects supporting transformation
• Keep up to date with current business and economic issues from the region and from across the world
• Lead teams and develop junior members of staff through training, coaching, mentoring and supervision
• Work with colleagues across PwC offices supporting our clients and internal initiatives
• Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Demonstrate extensive knowledge of advising and developing integrated solutions for risk management function at financial institutions, including the following:
• Asset liability management, liquidity risk management, funding, collateral management and cash and capital management;
• Knowledge of risk management methodologies and disciplines, including value at risk, quantitative analysis, liquidity stress testing and scenario analysis with an emphasis in the banking industry.
• Treasury, balance sheet and market risk management including strategy, processes and technology solutions;
• Trading in capital markets together with banking products such as fixed income, derivatives, foreign exchange, etc.
• Global cash and liquidity management, financial management, corporate finance and financial risk management.
• Commercial lending and credit process redesign initiatives, such as streamlining credit approval processes, better aligning deal team execution and delivery to client segmentation schemes, implementing Basel process redesign initiatives, redesigning risk management organization or functional responsibilities, enhancing loan review processes, and/or enhancing loss mitigation/recovery processes;
• Reviewing credit analysis and risk ratings, preparing credit risk management policies including developing and applying commercial credit risk methodologies e.g. obligor and facility risk rating, Basel PD/LGD/EAD models, allowance models, pricing models, etc.;
• Creating and executing design and application of commercial and retail credit risk reporting and analytics in a financial services organization; and,
• Operational risk methodologies and tools (RCSA, KRI, loss database)
• Preparing or reviewing prudential returns such as ICAAP, ILAAP, IRRBB, Pillar III, Large exposures and similar returns along with clear understanding of Basel III and IV requirements.
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
• Education: Bachelor s degree in relevant subject areas such as Finance, Economics, Business etc.
• Completed CFA / FRM credentials;
• 10 years of progressive experience in FS Consulting environment/ FS Industry;
• Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
• Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills (verbal and written)
• Proven IT skills in use of MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Projects, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
• The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
October 28, 2019