At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth of in our Financial Services business, our Risk Assurance team currently has opportunities for ambitious and highly motivated Senior Managers with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects. We would like to hear from Senior Managers with experience of working with Financial Crime and Compliance background.
As a Senior Manager, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive FS experience, helping our clients solve
their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Proactively assisting in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and Partners
• Actively engage in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
• Contribute to the development of your own and team s technical acumen
• Design and support implementation of risk methodologies, metrics and reporting dashboards
• Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
• Assist in the management and delivering of large projects supporting transformation
• Keep up to date with current business and economic issues from the region and from across the world
• Lead teams and develop junior members of staff through training, coaching, mentoring and supervision
• Work with colleagues across PwC offices supporting our clients and internal initiatives
• Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Demonstrate extensive knowledge of advising and developing integrated solutions for risk management function at financial
institutions, including the following:
• Lead Financial Crime transformation programmes at FS organizations that cover end-to-end customer lifecycle;including Risk Assessment, Customer On-boarding and refresh, KYC standards re-definition, Customer risk rating redesign, Data cleansing and file remediation, Sanctions filter and Transaction Monitoring System optimization;
• Assess the AML/CFT risk of clients, particularly in the KYC, CDD, EDD processes, identify areas of concern and recommend practical improvements relating to AML/ CFT
• Prepare, review and update AML Policy, Procedures and Risk assessment whenever is required covering all aspects of the Financial Crime programme of clients
• Support the organization in developing, deploying and maintaining a robust compliance program by facilitating continuous monitoring of compliance risks and controls
• Support the organization in development and conduction of periodic risk assessments to identify and prioritize potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk
• Contribute to the periodic alignment/ update of policies and procedures across functions emanating from compliance best practices benchmarking, gap analysis and compliance diagnostic exercises
• Develop a response to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures
• Lead implementation of regulatory changes into business operations in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Develop and deliver Compliance and AML trainings to different business units and provide compliance risk expertise to projects and initiatives
• Assist our clients in embedding and sustaining an organization wide compliance culture
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
• Education: Bachelor s degree in relevant subject areas such as Finance, Business etc.
• Industry accredited credentials - CAMS or ICA diploma in AML);
• 10 years of progressive experience in FS Consulting environment/ FS Industry;
• Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
• Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills (verbal and written)
• Proven IT skills in use of MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Projects, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
• The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
October 28, 2019