1. Supervises and manages clinical and administrative operations of individual Units.
2. Initiates and develops strategic and operational plans to maintain high quality services.
3. Provides leadership for Occupational Therapy Staff, Developee, and volunteers/students through supervision and performance management.
1. Deputize for the Chief of Occupational therapy to maintain continuity of service delivery in their absence.
2. Provides leadership and ensures teamwork within the unit by establishing good employee relations, conflict resolution and other personnel matters.
3. Develops, supervises and manages a daily, monthly and annual plan for allocation of duties taking into consideration staff time offs/absences/leaves for smooth functioning of unit.
4. Ensures efficient functioning of the unit through proper maintenance of equipment, adequate supplies and storage.
5. Responsible for implementing the Performance Review system to promote personnel development in the Unit and performance management of staff
6. Collaborate with the Chief and other unit Supervisors to develop overall strategic and operational management plans for Occupational Therapy Services in line with Hamad Medical Corporation initiatives to
promote service developments.
7. Responsible for establishment of goals and objectives for assigned area with the assistance of the Unit staff.
8. Works with the interdisciplinary team to develop policies and procedures for the Rehabilitation and Occupational therapy Services.
9. Establishes, participates and monitors Chart Audit programs, satisfaction survey programs, modifying programs and services as a result of recommendations from audits and evaluations.
10. Coordinates orientation program of new staff members, interns and volunteers.
11. Collates, analyzes unit's statistics and prepares Annual report.
12. Identifies the need for space, new programs, staff, equipment and supplies in preparation for Annual Budget, ensuring appropriate allocation of financial resources.
13. Conducts staff meetings and attend administrative meetings, ensuring flow of communication by disseminating information.
14. Participates in the recruitment of staff for assigned area.
1. Responsible for ensuring delivery of therapeutic services provided in the unit by the team are ethical, safe and in accordance to evidence based practices.
2. Collaborates with Specialist in initiating, developing and updating clinical Occupational Therapy programs, Clinical guidelines, Protocols in the unit in conformity with evidence based practice, ensuring clinical
effectiveness to optimize patient care.
3. Ensures compliance with Departmental / Hamad Medical Corporation Policies and Procedures of safety, infection control and quality improvement and standards for documentation, statistics and other records.
4. Works effectively as a member of the multi-disciplinary team and contribute to core decisions with regard to service users and patient care programs.
5. Acts as a liaison with medical staff and the community to facilitate communication and problem solving.
6. Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief of Occupational therapy.
1. Collaborate with the Specialist in developing, implementing educational and training programs for staff and other multidisciplinary team members to promote knowledge of Occupational Therapy management to enhance patient care.
2. Assists in the integration of research activities in the unit to enhance clinical outcomes and promote evidence based clinical practice.
3. Monitors and encourages ongoing competency training for all unit staff.