• Arrange conferences, meetings, and travel reservations.
• Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports.
• Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
• Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
• Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
• Make copies of correspondence and other printed material.
• Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail and other material, and prepare answers to routine letters.
• Schedule and confirm appointments for employees, or supervisors.
• Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
• Conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet.
• Coordinate conferences and meetings.
• Establish work procedures and schedules.
• Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
• Manage projects, and contribute to committee and team work.
• Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information both internally and with other organizations.
• Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
Industry Type :
Education / Training / Teaching / Academics
Functional Area :