Office of Medical Education - Coordinator, Academic Support and Tutoring
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
The Office of Medical Education at Khalifa University is currently seeking a highly organized, detail and results-oriented individual to help support a superior student experience for all learners. The Coordinator of Academic Support and Tutoring is responsible for supporting a superior student experience by ensuring effective and efficient peer mentoring and peer tutoring.
• Relevant Undergraduate Degree required
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience in an academic environment (for example: University/College, Academic training hospital/Medical education department)
• Experience working in an academic environment required
• Relevant Project Management: demonstrated experience planning, coordinating and implementation of small and large projects to completion
• Strong organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work with efficient turn-around time.
Job Duties and Requirements
• Contribute to departmental, or University-wide working groups or committees as requested.
• Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
• Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
• Coordinates the academic tutorial and mentoring programs, including recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating all academic tutors for the assigned campus.
• Oversees the development of appropriate learning content for peer tutoring and the department s newest initiatives to create and maintain supplemental instruction tutors and learning assistants.
• Implements procedures for students to access tutoring and mentoring resources.
• Supervises the completion of work of graduate and undergraduate student employees in the areas of peer mentoring and tutoring.
• Collaborates with campus partners to address training needs of mentors and tutors.
• Monitors and provides recommendations to peer mentors for the support of their assigned mentees; makes appropriate referrals to peer mentors and mentees as necessary.
• Collaborating with and supports other Education portfolio staff and team members to provide additional student services
• Supporting other tasks and projects as needed within the Office of Medical Education