Office Operations Manager - Riyadh
Reporting directly to the Country Manager, the Office Operations Manager is responsible for organising all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the office, such as, GC, HR, and Reception.
What can I bring to the role?
• Previous experience of operating in an office manager function; running the day to day operations for the office and managing a support team in an office.
• Advanced to Intermediate IT skills, especially in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Extremely organised with the proven ability to prioritise effectively and work to tight deadlines.
• Professional with good attention to detail
• Good problem solver able to think on your feet
• Confident, proactive character with the ability to take the lead in challenging situations.
• Experience of coordinating and managing tight deadlines.
• Able to discern sensitive material and maintain confidentiality accordingly.
• Experience of managing and controlling office budgets.
• Desirable skills - Previous experience within the architectural, construction or engineering industry would be an advantage. Equally, applicants with HR backgrounds are also welcome.
What Will I be doing?
• Ensure the office is compliant with the following; QMS Audits, Health and Safety audits, Risk management Plan, Risk register, Company Licenses and Local Laws.
• Ensure compliance with best practice throughout the office and promoting improvement. Identify areas for improvement within the support teams.
• Ensure ongoing improvements to optimise the office working environment.
• Ensure quality of deliverables is maintained and improved through support staff training and mentoring
• Takes direct responsibility for the delivery of some key projects in the region that sit outside a specialist business service, for example space planning in an office.
• Lead the office business continuity meetings and ensure business continuity plans are up to date.
• Ensure office initiatives are supported such as; sports and social events, office marketing events, young engineer s forum, wellbeing, charity events and any other office related initiatives as appropriate.
• Support and coordinate project initiatives such as project reviews.
• Proactively manage and deal with queries, deciding independently on the appropriate action engaging the Country Manager where necessary, acting directly or redirecting to other managers as appropriate.
• Actively involved in guiding the training of new and current support staff in collaboration with the L&D Department.
• Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the support services through ongoing improvements
• Ensure any desk or IT equipment moves are coordinated with the relevant stakeholders and in accordance with recruitment plans; this includes coordinating any office moves.
• Ensure new joiners are properly inducted into the office with the relevant teams.
• Collaborate with Finance, IT, HR, Health and Safety, Business Development and Marketing to ensure initiatives are coordinated, policies are followed and support is given where appropriate.
• Proactively communicate with other Office Operations and Office Managers and join scheduled meetings to establish procedures and set standards. Identify areas for improvement where required to ensure a cohesive regional approach.
Direct line management of Group Coordinators, Reception, and Housing & Transport Coordinator. Monitoring performance and carrying out annual performance development reviews to develop team members to enable them to achieve their full potential.
Hold budgetary responsibility for office related costs such as; facilities, stationary, catering, social. Country Managers may wish to hold certain levels of budgetary responsibility.
Work with regional finance to set upcoming budget, authorise spend within guidelines and monitor usage.
Responsible for monitoring office costs and ensuring budget levels are adhered to.
Ensure office related invoices are dealt with following correct procedure.
Dependent upon the size and nature of the office the Office Operations Manager may be required to complete additional tasks in relation to the running of the office (or alternatively they may supervise others to do this); these may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Dealing with any facilities and maintenance issues, such as liaising with utilities providers, suppliers, landlords, cleaning contractors, arranging office repairs and refurbishments
• Covering GC or reception roles during periods of absence and annual leave
• Provide PA support to the senior leadership in the office
• Document management and filing
• Welcome clients and answer calls from clients and deal with appropriately
• Management of in/out going post
• Managing business travel requests from staff
• Assisting with the coordination of internal and external events
• Management of office security and access systems - may be required to act as key holder and 24hour emergency contact
• Manage allocation of IT hardware and software
• Ordering catering
Industry Type :
Engineering Design & Consulting
Functional Area :
Data Entry / Operations / Back Office Processing