Valaris is recruiting for the following position on behalf of ARO Drilling, a 50/50 joint venture between Valaris and Saudi Aramco that owns and operates jack-up drilling rigs in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
Responsible for safely and effectively managing the day-to-day operations of MODU. This includes managing the MODU s operational, safety, and budgetary performance, and ensuring the MODU s compliance with ARO Drilling and regulatory policies, maintaining positive relationships with client representatives, overseeing the procurement, inventory, and maintenance of MODU equipment, and managing personnel issues. The OIM has comprehensive responsibility for all activities onboard the MODU, though much of it is managed through others.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages all routine emergency and specialized drilling operations, including coring, fishing, and working stuck pipe. Supervises casing, cementing, work-over, well testing and stimulation operations. Reviews all testing of Subsea equipment and ensures compliance with Coastal State regulations.
Utilizes appropriate well control measures in response to well control situations in accordance with ARO Drilling procedures.
• Oversees the handling, transportation, inspection and storage of tubular and other equipment.
• Responsible for planning and supervision of MODU move, jacking, and pre-loading operations.
• Reviews deck load and stability reports to ensure watertight integrity and stability of MODU.
• Maintains regular communication with Rig Manager regarding current operations, incidents, problems or issues.
• Maintains appropriate logs and records pursuant to ARO Drilling procedures.
• Monitors 3 rd -party personnel and operations to ensure compliance with ARO Drilling safety policies, standards and procedures.
•Responsible for safety of personnel, the environment and the MODU as well as own safety.
• Participates in rig safety meetings and other rig safety programs.
•Shows commitment to ARO Drilling safety culture through personal behavior and willingness to influence others.
•Responsible for ensuring all training requirement tracking for positions are current.
•Ensures emergency preparedness of MODU crew by conducting regular fire drills, abandon rig drills, and other drills as required by ARO Drilling procedures and regulatory policy.
•Reviews and approves work permits under ARO Drilling permitting process.
•Is the ultimate authority for the control of work on the MODU.
•Conducts behavioral audits and reviews audits by MODU supervisors and crew. Implements corrective actions.
•Ensures incident reports/action items are logged. Responsible for tracking, auctioning, and closing out these items.
•Meets with company representatives to discuss operations, MODU performance, safety, or other issues.
•Attends pre-spud and related customer meetings, as required.
•Provides bid information to Marketing group (MODU specifications, etc.).
Purchasing and Materials:
•Approves the ordering of needed supplies, parts, and materials to ensure needed items are on hand while maintaining inventory.
•Assists in preparation of budget.
• Oversee the maintenance, testing, and repair of all MODU equipment.
•Answers Engineering requests for information with regard to MODU equipment or specifications.
•Ensure required maintenance record-keeping is complete.
•Performs structural or other inspections to ensure rig meets regulatory and ARO Drilling pecifications.
•Oversee all special projects and structural, electrical, and mechanical upgrades to MODU.
Personnel Management and Human Resources
• Conducts performance appraisals, succession planning and provides feedback to employees and applies ARO Drilling procedures as necessary.
• Manage employee relationship issues with Rig Manager and Human Resources department.
•Assist with training enrollment and monitors training compliance of crew.
•Provides guidance to supervisory staff regarding managing employees.
•Conducts new-hire orientations.
ARO Drilling Policy and Regulatory Compliance:
•Ensure all regulatory documents, certificates, and inspections are maintained in accordance to ARO Drilling, Flag State, Coastal State, and Class society rules and regulations.
•Ensures that IADC Logs are accurately, correctly and timely maintained.