*Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary
verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Industry Type :
IT - Software Services
Functional Area :
Sales / Business Development
Desired Candidate Profile
Functional Sales Consultant (Omnichannel Solutions) for Oracle Retail Global Business Unit - Dubai
In 2005, Oracle implemented a major shift in strategy by creating dedicated business units for a select group of industries to lead its entry into the vertical industries. The retail vertical industry was at the forefront of this push. The Oracle Retail Global Business Unit (RGBU), proved to be the template for the other industry global business units, includes teams for development, solution management, sales, consulting, marketing and operations, with the general manager (Ray Carlin) of the unit reporting directly into Oracle s Headquarters. This reporting structure signalled Oracle's intent to make substantial investments in these industries, and, for Retail, is borne out by Oracle's strategic acquisitions since 2005 of key applications that had good credibility and a rich heritage of experience in the retail industry.
The RGBU consists of the following key acquisitions: Retek (merchandising, merchandise planning, retail supply chain management and store inventory management), ProfitLogic (markdown optimization), Advanced Visual Technology (AVT, 3D visual macro space planning) and more recently, Art Technology Group (ATG, e-commerce) and Micros (omni-channel solutions including POS, order brokering and CRM).
The Retail Global Business Unit (RGBU) is looking for a Specialist Sales Consultant to position Omnichannel Store Solutions.
Location for this is Dubai.
Oracle RGBU EMEA is seeking an experienced Specialist Sales Consultant with proven experience of retail omnichannel software based solutions. The ability to work with retailers, both at an end user and senior executive level, to understand business requirements and design solutions to meet the needs of retailers is key.
The Oracle Retail Omnichannel Stores Solution footprint consists of:
• Xstore Point of Service Suite
• Order Management System
• Order Broker
• Customer Engagement
• Store Inventory Management
• Oracle Commerce Suite
• Point of Sale Hardware
• Supports retail omni-channel sales opportunities for Oracle RGBU EMEA.
• Works in a presales & sales environment on specific opportunities to enhance revenue for Oracle Corporation through license, Cloud and hardware sales whereby independence, responsibility, initiative and teamwork are very important.
• Contributes to the achievement of a business unit target.
• Presenting and articulating customer journeys, advanced product features, business benefits and the overall Oracle solutions value proposition.
• Support & maintain pre-sales engagements for the designated products with the EMEA sales teams including driving RFI/RFP efforts as necessary.
• Working jointly with the account representative to manage the sales cycle and people involved effectively.
• Engaging additional people within Oracle to deliver a compelling proposition to our prospects and customers.
• Crafting, selling, and differentiating Oracle retail solutions based upon retail customer requirements, business pains and value.
• Configuration of demonstration environments to best address a customer s requirements.
• Advise and maintain product enhancements arising from sales cycle.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Ability to articulate the technology & architecture solution.
• Demonstrates and is able to present a comprehensive and current knowledge of EMEA key omni-channel market trends.
• Minimum of 3 years Retail omnichannel stores expertise either within an application vendor, a systems integrator or with a retailer.
• A minimum of 3 years sales consulting experience.
• Good understanding of gathering customer requirements and aligning these with product capabilities versus customisation and enhancements
• Good understanding of integration (both system- and user-) concepts, terms and technologies.
• Overall Oracle Technology Architectures & Solutions knowledge would be an advantage.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with prospects/customers and partners are essential.
• Exemplary presentation and demonstration skills.
• Experience of configuring demonstrations.
• Must be organised, able to prioritise and work on own initiative.
• Must be a team player.
• Must be fluent in English.
• Ability to travel 50% of the time.
You will be working in a multifunctional team environment, made up of account sales representatives, technical and functional consultants and integration partners, among others.
This position will establish, execute and take ownership of sales support for Oracle Retail s omni-channel stores solutions working with local account representatives within the RGBU.