UAE operations is looking for a highly motivated, dynamic and strategic thinking Operations Director. Reporting to the Vice President – Middle East you will be responsible for the operations, sustainable and profitable business growth and development of the UAE Operations and being the focal point for the Clients.
You will be responsible for the execution teams for all projects within the UAE Operations. Competent and able to plan many different kinds of operational activities. Role involves directing, developing, communicating, and implementing the company’s direction and strategic goals. Responsible for ensuring that KBR has the right numbers, types, and quality of technical resources required to support KBR’s business objectives.
Also responsible for managing chargeability to target levels and for managing overhead costs in a manner that ensures high quality execution performance. The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the company’s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success.
Responsible for overseeing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting the operation's performance including HSE. Direct the preparation of operating budgets and proposals for capital expenditure; analyze and approve operational investments that best meet the organization's business needs. Lead, guide, evaluate, and develop a team of senior managers with operational responsibilities to ensure that the organization achieves it business objectives and complies with all relevant regulations and laws.
Candidate should have experience managing small to large size project portfolios, knowledge of project controls with commercial awareness and be capable of undertaking and supporting business development within the region.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Operation Director to become a key member of the KBR management team, taking direct responsibility for the strategic development of crucial business units while broadening their experience and helping to ensure KBRs continued success.
• Conduct all business in accordance with KBR Zero Harm and HSE objectives.
• Grow the UAE Operations in accordance with the Business Plan.
• Under general direction, responsible for evaluating and managing projects commercial performance and risks.
• Monitors the projects finances and Client relationship of all projects in the location.
• Acts as the channel of communications with the Client and the KBR wider management and other stakeholders as necessary.
• Ensure all operations are carried out within the established company policies, procedures, systems and run with legality and conformity to established regulation.
• Oversee Client support processes and organize them to enhance Client satisfaction.
• Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
• Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
• Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
• Coordinates with related areas in finance and project controls.
• Guides the development and implementation of system improvements
• Provides leadership by directing the efforts of personnel involved in providing a variety of support to the Projects.
• Responsible for the overall performance of the assigned departments and functions
• Insures awareness and monitors employee compliance with all applicable company directives, policies, and procedures
• Develops and implements performance standards and internal controls.
Skills & Experience
• Working knowledge in the Oil and Gas Industry and preferably in the Middle East.
• Have the ability to seek, recognize and develop opportunities for creating competitive advantage, developing new business and developing new markets.
• Very good written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Strong leadership and motivational skills.
• Fluent in English language.
• Understanding annual, long term and strategic business plans and goals.
• You must be a self-starter capable of working in a fast paced, multi-discipline mega projects environment with the ability to manage competing priorities to achieve deadlines.
• Capable of managing multinational Clients.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Possess excellent leadership qualities to run the business in most efficient ways.
• Proven experience as Director of Operations or equivalent position.
• Background check is required for this position.