• Ensure all preferred suppliers, venues and Show teams are kept fully up to date with show information, e.g. floorplans and exhibitor lists to an agreed frequency schedule;
• Organise, produce and maintain content for exhibitor manuals, collate relevant order forms, or web links from suppliers and venues.
• Sending out timely deadline form reminders to exhibitors and / or working closely with Customer Service team in creating the Exhibitor newsletter content.
• Schedule collection and delivery of all freight and equipment to / from the office to the various venues for shows
• Manage all pre-show packing, research and ordering of equipment and services such as radios, stationary, wristbands, PPE, as well as onsite welfare for the show teams & official contractors
• Under the guidance of senior team members produce onsite documentation including staff briefings, exhibitor lists, floor plans, welcome packs, staff handbooks Inc. safety information etc.
• Implementation of operational sponsorship deliverables
• Create and issue PO s upon request and update budget & invoice trackers accordingly
• Participate at events onsite where requested, performing ad hoc duties as instructed by senior team members such as setting up office (s).
• Assist with post-event reporting and analysis through collation and recording of requested data.
• Assist various teams such as Customer Service, or clients directly, with answering of operational exhibitor queries where applicable
General team support & additional areas of responsibility
• Attendance at any required meetings, minute & action taking for distribution
• Arrange travel and accommodation bookings when requested, in line with set Operations budget.
• Manage expenses and invoice payments where applicable
• Create and maintain show specific project plans in the agreed format for review & sign off by individual Operations Managers on an event by event basis
• Arrange internal Operations Team events and training at the request of Senior Management
• Action stationery and IT orders for the Operations Team
• Co-ordinate new starter process and inductions with Operations Managers
• Ensure all allocated operational tasks are carried out on a timely basis according to individual project plans and within deadlines.
• Ensuring you are working within the company s H&S, Security & Sustainability guidelines at all times
• Assisting with the implementation of internal and external Service Level Agreements.
• Perform any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility when requested by senior members of the Operations team
Background knowledge, skills & experience
• Able to demonstrate a proactive approach and take initiative, anticipating needs
• Strong time management and organisational skills; can work to tight deadlines, able to prioritise and manage several different tasks at the same time
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills in English with additional languages highly beneficial
• IT confident and able to work with various systems; including, but not limited to, excellent Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
• Ability and willingness to travel to events as required
• 6-12 months experience in an administrative role
• Experience and/or understanding of the events industry
• Ability and willingness to work additional hours if required to deliver an event
• Professional customer focused attitude; ability to stay calm and patient under pressure
• Forward thinking, flexible and able to trouble shoot
• Positive attitude, Confident team player with a creative and innovative approach
• Strong attention to detail