Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Operations & Maintenance Manager
The Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Manager is a management position based at one of two PAE sites in Iraq, serving the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. This position is responsible for the daily oversight of O&M staff, ensuring professional and quality services are provided to the Customer in accordance with program requirements. This position reports to the site Operations Manager. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Provide daily oversight and supervision of O&M Services to include:
• Electrical Generation & Distribution;
• Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and Refrigeration (HVACR);
• Fire and Smoke Protection;
• Plumbing, including sanitary systems; Water storage and delivery systems;
• FEBR, Gates & Barriers;
• General Carpentry services including Locksmith and Painting.
• Be responsible for daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, including employee performance reviews and any other first line supervisor administrative duties required.
• Schedule personnel, including shifts and rotations, to maintain acceptable levels of service at all times, including support for short-notice projects.
• Assign tasks and establish and enforce standards of conduct and performance in the work environment.
• Inspect and audit in-process and completed work to ensure work meets SOW and quality standards.
• Plan, organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks under austere conditions, to perform job functions in an orderly manner.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
• Minimum Acceptable Experience Level: Ten (10) years Operations & Maintenance (O&M) experience for a small plant, overseas and/or military facility with Five (5) years verifiable experience managing multiple trades in a large institutional setting or managing construction projects.
• Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to manage required staff.
• Knowledge of principles and processes involved in supporting Operations & Maintenance (O&M) responsibilities at an overseas facility.
• Experience providing excellent customer services.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
• Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
• Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
• Education: A high school diploma or GED with a Bachelor s degree in Business Management, Engineering or similar discipline is preferred. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of college degree.
• Licenses and Certifications:
• Valid drivers license from Home of Record.
• Journeyman trade level certification(s) in HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Construction, etc.
• Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued security clearance or Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) or be able to obtain a favorable MRPT certification or US Government clearance prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract.
• Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
• Citizenship: US Citizenship is required.
• Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar credential(s).
• Relevant overseas Operations & Maintenance (O&M) experience, preferably in the Middle East.
• Experience working with PAE and Department of State programs.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS:
This position may be located in a war zone, in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time and being capable of running and duck & cover during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug-free workplace.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement