FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Operations Manager for the USAID Jordan Community Health and Nutrition Program. The purpose of the Community Health and Nutrition Program is to improve the nutritional status of children under five and pregnant and lactating women in target areas. The activity seeks to support child and maternal health and nutrition status by improving breastfeeding practices, introducing appropriate complementary foods at the right time, and ensuring appropriate child spacing through postpartum family planning and continuation of modern forms of contraception.
Job Summary :
The Community Health and Nutrition Program s Operations Manager reports to the Director of Finance. The Operations Manager will lead Operations, HR, Procurement and serve as the Security Focal Point. The Operations Manager will assist in the development and training of policies, procedures and practices. The Operations Manager will provide policy guidance and interpretation for staff as well as vendors and grantees. The position will be based in Amman, Jordan.
Areas of Responsibility
• Manage and process all procurements in accordance to USAID rules and regulations and FHI360 procedures and policies, including preparation of bid documents, bid invitations, evaluations, recommendations, approvals and placement of orders.
• Submit periodic reports including annual procurement plans
• Manage all leases and service agreements for the project including arranging meetings, price negotiation, follow-ups, preparing agreements
• Coordinate with the partner organizations on matters relating to determining equipment needs and their procurements
• Establish an inventory, and ensure all durable good procured are properly tagged and included in the inventory
• Undertake field visits to provide support for office setup, leases and other logistics needs;
• Develops, manages, and monitors project budgets and annual workplans.
• Supports the startup, general operations, and closedown of the program
• Oversees human resources activities affecting the project, including but not limited to the hiring, termination, benefit tracking and legal disputes involving current and former site office personnel.
• Serve as the main point of contact on security for all staff, including providing debriefing to visitors while coordinating security issues with the HQ Security Focal Point.
• A Bachelor's degree or its international equivalent, in finance, business administration, accounting, or related field Master's degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5-8 years of experience working in or with the NGO sector, preferably with a large international development NGO
• Familiarity with US government Procurement and Grants Management policies and procedures, preferably with three to five years experience in USAID grants design and administration, management and oversight
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to engage directly with senior national and municipal government counterparts.
• Familiarity with USAID programming, rules, and regulations
• Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team approach
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Proven written and oral presentation skills in English and Arabic required
• 10% in country travel
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.