• Minimum high school graduate. Candidate with Technical Diploma is preferred.
• Three years of experience in petroleum & chemical operations.
• The Operator is responsible for the operation of all terminal equipment needed for the receiving, storage and loading of bulk petroleum products and other related processes. His area of responsibility includes but not limited to the tank farm areas, pump stations, berth areas, air compressor/utility area, pigging sites, separator area, truck loading and decanting areas, and the thermal heater area.
• Operates product pumps of various sizes, air compressors, cargo loading arms, cranes and gantries, firefighting and other safety equipment, fire water and foam systems, truck loading and decanting systems, additive/dye injection equipment, oil/water separator, pig launchers and receivers, thermal heater and other terminal equipment.
• Performs pump and pipeline line-up, set-up manifolds, rig telescopic tubes, switchover pumps, manipulate valves, remove/install flanges and blinds, change and clean filters, load and/or decant trucks and iso-containers, connect and disconnect hoses and other activities needed for the cargo operation.
• Take manual measurements of tank stocks, draw tank and pipeline samples, test samples, vent and/or drain pipelines, remove water from tanks, tank roofs and sumps and perform tank cleaning as needed.
• Checks and monitors on-going processes and running equipment within his area of responsibility to ensure that operating variables (temperatures, pressures, product level, flow rates, etc) are within the allowable limits and that equipment are effectively utilized.
• Inspects, lubricates, and performs condition monitoring and minor maintenance of operational equipment. Replaces small fittings such as valves, pressure gauges and similar appurtenances which are in bad order.
• Upkeeps and maintains the general housekeeping of his area of responsibility.
• Initiate repair of defective equipment when possible, otherwise, report and hand-over to the Maintenance Department any defective equipment for repair or replacement.
• Any other reasonable duties as may be assigned.