Oracle Apps DBA EBS Technical Consultant
The ideal candidate should possess a Degree in Information Systems / IT equivalent or Full Professional qualification such as BCS. The Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) must ensure and maintain the databases in good working order and performing tasks necessary to ensure continued stability and growth of the database.
• Preference will be given to Oracle Certified Professionals (OCP).
• Preference will be given to those with 3 years' experience in administering production databases.
• Oracle DBA/Apps DBAs are responsible for database administration services to configure and maintain Oracle environments and Oracle EBS Suite.
• Must have 3-4years experience as an Oracle DBA/Oracle Apps DBA, which encompasses installing, upgrading, and supporting Oracle database software and the associated Oracle Technology stack in a multi-tier environment including: database server, applications server, web server, reports server, forms server, admin server, and discoverer server environment.
• Strong Backup and recovery skills (highly competent with RMAN) to support mission critical business environments. Knowledge of Oracle Data Guard will be a plus.
• Experience with Oracle 9i/10g/11g on Linux/UNIX/Windows environments.
• Administration experience with configuration, load balancing, backup/recovery, sizing and space management, PL/SQL tuning, diagnostics, experience opening, managing, resolving Oracle TAR's and applying patches is a must.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge in Oracle ERP Application.
• Strong SQL, PLSQL skills and be able to write efficient, complex queries.
• Used Bulk Collections for better performance and easy retrieval of data, by reducing context switching between SQL and PL/SQL engines.
• Good in development of Reports, interfaces and conversion programs to integrate Oracle Applications modules to import data from various sources into Oracle Applications using PL/SQL, SQL Loader or Oracle Standard API's.
• Experience in Microsoft Databases will be an added advantage
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation
• Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment