Position Summary :
The Physician reflects the mission, vision, and values of adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Physician accepts ultimate responsibility for the care of all patients admitted under his name. The Consultant is capable of independently providing high quality patient care (diagnose, treat, manage and admit patients under his name) as delineated by his clinical privileges
· Maintaining a clinical schedule on such days, such hours, and at such locations as necessary to provide timely and comprehensive medical services to AMNM patients.
· Assumes direct responsibility for the patients under his/her medical attendance in the assigned unit.
· Referring patients requiring specialized medical care to those specialists and other health care providers and facilities that are members of AMNM’s affiliated provider network, provided that such referral does not unreasonably interfere with the patient’s expressed preference for a different healthcare provider, his/her insurer’s determination of healthcare provider or the patient’s best medical interests in Physician’s medical judgment.
· Participates in the various committees for the upgrading of services and organization of work within and outside the hospital.
· Participation in AMNM system quality improvement and risk management programs and activities, including but not limited to reporting all patient occurrences, participating in continuing medical education and, when requested, serving on committees, reviewing medical records and providing other consultation to AMNM regarding legal and risk issues
· Performs all relevant interventions related to his/her field of specialization.
· Participates in scheduling of on-call duties and provides on-call services as required.
· Participates in the assessment and updating of drug, medical supply and equipment needs.
· Writes, completes and approves medical records and reports for patients.
· Provides guidance and counsel to other departments when requested.
· Completes and maintains set of clinical privileges
· Complies with revalidation guidelines and standards
· Attendance at AMNM clinical meetings as reasonably requested, and participation in any other clinical or administrative activities that further AMNM’s business purpose
Essential: Medical Degree with The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
Experience in the ambulatory surgical and outpatient setting.
US Trained or US experience highly desirable.