Facilitate project s implementation
Projects activities are implemented as per the developed action plan
Conduct meetings with key stakeholders to engage them about the project interventions and agree on their contributions in order to ensure sustainability
Network with local NGOs, municipalities, schools, community centers, and communities
Map out available educational, health and protection services available.
Identify potential beneficiaries and provide them access to the relevant programs as per the criteria set.
Distribute leaflets with early learning, education, health and protection services available to Syrian and Lebanese children in Bekaa.
Establish Child Protection Committees jointly with support from the team leader.
Mobilize communities to participate in social cohesion events at the end of each project cycle.
Plan and/or engage in recreational, PSS activities
Provide inputs around formal and non-formal education plan for Syrian refugees.
Support committee members and parents to prepare peer-to-peer sessions and share their knowledge with other parents.
Attend assigned trainings and capacity building opportunities.
Collaborate and plan with the team leader and the outreach volunteers to conduct awareness sessions discussing protection issues and relevant information.
Screen and monitor protection gaps and needs and refer child protection cases to the officer in charge.
Maintain relevant documentation related to monitoring referral and services reached.
Provide support to at risk children and their families to get access to service provision from external agencies.
Approach the parents of children who are not participating and encourage them to participate
Provide opportunities for safe expression: build a relation of trust and understanding with both of the children and parents.
Disseminate information related to protection concerns, promoting well-being of children and available services to the families of the street and working children.
Ensure Fieldwork care and monitoring of street children met during Mobile Units in different rounds.
Ensure children s safety and protection
Children attending the activities are protected and safe
Identify and refer high-risk cases to CP case management and or other cases to protection, education (where possible) or other service providers respecting WV guidelines and the inter agency referral mechanisms.
Identify key protection issues or threats affecting children and communities and raise them to portfolio manager, and EiE and Outreach Coordinators.
Identify and referral of children in need of tailored support to specific institutions/service providers (health services, other NFE programme, PSS services)h
Handle tracking, reporting on activities and filing
Progress reports are done and submitted as per the required deadline
Maintain and keep daily records of the MOV means of verifications including attendance sheets, pre/post-tests, minutes of meetings, and evaluation documents are in place.
Provision of, and keeping track of the referrals, weekly reports, notes and plan.
File in the Referral Tracking sheet on a monthly basis.
File all important records and correspondences related to the PSS/Life Skills classes.
Handle logistics responsibilities as necessary
Facilitate the rehabilitation of the determined locations (Painting, procurement of needed material, bathroom renovation, etc.)
Arrange for meals/snacks during the PSS/Life Skills activities.
Perform other duties as required
Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally.
Attend and participate in WVL s spiritual nurture and other organizational events.
Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor degree in a social development related field, ( psychology, sociology, social sciences/humanities, specialized education or social animation) is preferable
• Experience in project implementation, monitoring and report writing.
• Good written and spoken English. Knowledge or Arabic language is necessary.
• Candidates must have skills in working with people of all ages and social groups;
• Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of responsibility
• High integrity in social interactions
• Reporting and data base entry skills
• Experience in working with street and working children preferable
• Preference to candidate with field experience in Bekaa region
• Excellent communication, reporting, and pro-active negotiation skills
• Skilled at working with local communities and authorities
• Understanding of policies concerning Child Protection
• Willing to travel within the region approximately 60% of time.
• Network builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
• Knowledge of the psychosocial guidelines and approaches related to emergency context (MHPSS IASC guidelines, PFA principles, etc.).
• Familiar with core principles of Children Rights, Participation, Do No Harm, Community and Family Support as well as Children in Emergencies minimum standards
• One year experience in a similar related job.
• 85% field work and 15% Office work.
• Position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally.
• Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster