About the role
Based in Dubai at Mina Rashid office, the main purpose of this role is to apply the principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information and prepare profit and loss statements, by utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures. Key Responsibilities
• Working knowledge of financial modules, such as general ledger, Account Receivables, Accounts Payables and Fixed Assets.
• Book keeping and recording of accounting entries and transactions along with supporting documentation.
• Preparation of all monthly, quarterly, annual and other periodic head office and internal reporting requirements under IFRS Profit Loss Statement, Cash flows and Balance Sheet.
• Monthly reporting for the ageing reports Receivables Ageing, Payables Ageing, etc.
• Liaise with other departments to ensure timely submission of reports.
• Carry out inter-company reconciliation and other month end reconciliations, resolve any issues.
• Analyse & explain financial variances to the Corporate finance team in P&O HO, Dubai.
• Preparation of budgets, cash flow and forecasts.
• Liaise with Interim and external auditors for audit of financial statements.
• Recording the VAT / Federal tax related transactions and maintaining appropriate back-up documents to ensure right representations to the tax authorities, along with reconciliations.
• Preparation and filing of periodical VAT and other returns and documents with the authorities.
• Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and ensure accounting control procedures are maintained.
• Monitoring and reviewing accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
• To prepare budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents on a regular basis for accuracy.
• Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
• Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients to clear any discrepancies that may arise.
• To carry out any other tasks assigned by the Assistant Manager - Finance.
Desired Candidate Profile
Qualification and Experience
In order to give credible support to the organisation and be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and qualifications:
• Bachelors in Accounting or equivalent, with 5 years of working experience in a medium to large size organization.
• High level capability of complex financial modelling development and financial evaluation.
• High standard of communication and interpersonal skills, enabling communication at all levels within the business. Remuneration and Benefits
The employment benefits package is reflective of the market and location. A competitive salary package commensurate with the successful applicant's skills and experience will be offered . About the company
P&O Marinas is a DP World company established to develop world class locations for the mooring of yachts and the hospitality of their owners, captains, guests and the local residents. After the successful experience of Mina Rashid Marina (Dubai, UAE) where we offer berths for some of the world s largest yachts, P&O Marinas extended its management and operations to four marinas in Dubai, located along the beautiful coast of Jumeirah.
Our ongoing focus is to expand beyond Dubai through the world creating lifestyle destinations for yachting enthusiasts, local residents and tourists, offering a wide range of amenities and services ranging from private and hotel accommodation, shopping centres, sailing and sports clubs to cruise terminals, for the benefit of communities and economies globally.