POSITION SUMMARY & OBJECTIVE
Packaging Designer to lead the ideation, development, design and execution of all packaging. Our ideal candidate is a conceptual, detail-oriented, systematic thinker who strategically designs packaging toward a larger brand narrative while also considering the details that enhance the consumer experience. A perfect fit would be someone who has experience with an in-house team and has managed the full scope of the packaging design and is involved with the development process.
The Packaging Designer is responsible for producing packaging structure and design, from concept to completion (including but not limited to individual item packages, cartons, POP/displays, clamshells/blisters, etc). The candidate will have experience in paper, digital, display and retail packaging design, with a strong knowledge of ArtiosCAD. Working with Graphic Designers, this position supports the conceptualization, initiation, development and implementation of new and improved packaging including structural design, packaging materials, functionality and quality tests.
FUNCTIONS, ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and produce packaging structure designs that meets the Huda Beauty and/or KAYALI brand aesthetics while showcasing and protecting the product. Working cross functionally with Product Development/Graphic Design/Marketing/Packaging Engineer on overall package structure design development and production
• Deliver product designs with flawless execution; achieving goals with speed, agility and acute attention to detail
• Take an active lead to ensure designs maintain a cohesive look and feel with the brands
• End-to-end beauty product launches
• Innovation ideation and product development
• Packaging production design: Create artwork for special packaging. Design and draw die lines for special packaging projects, finding creative solutions for difficult packaging challenges.
• Create compelling, commercial package designs that reflect the conceptual direction/business strategy
• Apply deep understanding of illustration, construction and iconography for all projects
• Clearly communicate design concepts to comp houses to produce accurate 3D representations
• Ensure that all packaging meets cost and business objectives
• Desire to drive innovation in packaging through structure and materials by staying up to date on industry trends and technology
• Working knowledge of specialty multi, prestige and luxury brand