Paralegal Dispute Resolution Group (Abu Dhabi)
Provide paralegal support to the Regulatory and Dispute Resolution team.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
• Case and legal research in Arabic and English;
• Arabic typing (e.g. memos, court submissions, advices) and other Arabic administrative work for the Litigation and Regulatory group;
• Provide assistance with litigation matters where preparation in Arabic is required;
• Liaison with local court advocates and follow up on hearings / attend hearings and report back to case handler the outcome;
• Accurately record time and manage own matter workload efficiently;
• Prepare and assist in the delivery of presentations;
• Liaise with Knowledge Management team to update and assist to maintain DRG precedents and research matters;
• Take full responsibility for and carry matters through to completion (on specific matter or part of matter as appropriate); and
• Provide relevant assistance where required in due diligence matters.
We are interested in candidates with:
• excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Arabic and English;
• excellent IT skills in all Microsoft office products with the ability to conduct legal research using various internet sources;
• experience of working with legal documentation;
• an ability to translate legal communications from Arabic to English and vice versa;
• accurate typing skills in both Arabic and English;
• excellent research skills and a fundamental understanding of the UAE legal system;
• education of at least high school level; formal legal or paralegal qualification desirable;
• at least 2 years' experience working in a professional services environment; law firm experience desirable;
• experience of dealing with government authorities, establishment of companies and licences;
• an ability to work in a team and autonomously;
• strong attention to detail and good organisation skills; and
• a commercial awareness and be able to take a practical approach to matters.
Clyde & Co Overview
A pragmatic and dynamic international law firm with a focus on core sectors of infrastructure, insurance, international trade, natural resources and transportation. Clyde & Co is recognised for its work in and with fast-moving and volatile emerging markets, and for a history of managing complex, multi-jurisdictional transactions and disputes.
From a network of 50+ offices and 3,600+ staff over 6 continents, we are on the front line for our clients' interests, all over the world.
Clyde & Co in the Middle East and North Africa
Clyde & Co's first Middle East office was formally established nearly 30 years ago, following many prior years of client involvement in and with the region. Our regional offices work as an interconnected and cohesive unit in order to provide advice to clients from all over the world, as well as to regional corporate entities and governments, on their operations and interests throughout the Middle East. Our lawyers are supported by comprehensive in-house translation, government liaison, management and information services teams as we strive to provide first class professional service levels and insight to our clients.
We are one of the major international law firms in the GCC with around 200 specialist lawyers and paralegals, and 350 staff in total, operating as one unit across our regional office network:
• Abu Dhabi
• Doha in Qatar
• Muscat in Oman
• Riyadh in Saudi Arabia
We act as the first point of call for advice across the Middle East region for many of our multinational clients. Through our work across the region over the past quarter century, our market knowledge, experience and networks are second to none. We provide in-depth coverage of the firm's core sectors, as well as strong cross-practice sector teams in place focusing on regionally important sectors such as education, healthcare and hospitality.