We are seeking a world class Partner Business Development Manager to join the Oracle Cloud Platform global product management team to work closely with our Partners driving adoption of Oracle cloud services across Europe. Preferred candidates will need to have a mix of strong technical experience and strategic business acumen, providing exceptional technical design and thought leadership to our customers. This role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to provide strategic direction and solution leadership for the Oracle Public Cloud.
As a representative of Oracle you will have immediate access and relevance to the world’s largest enterprises. Join us and learn what we can do for our customers and partners. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the following:
· Working closely with partner leaders and cross functional teams across various business units
· Being the public face of Oracle’s IaaS products with partners
· Helping our partners design, sell and deploy cloud based solutions for customers
· Gaining customer and partner references for running solutions on the Oracle cloud
· Engendering trust with partners, customers, field sales, engineering and management
· Communicating the Oracle cloud story and present Oracle based solutions in a compelling way that is customized for the challenges each customer and partner faces
· Build content and collateral to reflect our cloud investments, strategy and roadmap
· Engage deeply with our customers, partners and engineering organizations, to learn about the needs of our ecosystem and to provide actionable feedback from customers.
· Excellent communication and business relationship skills, with an ability to right level conversations and produce results.
· Broad business and technical experience in current cloud solutions, including how, when and why they are adopted by customers.
· Detailed understanding of cloud infrastructure technology and how it is used by customers and the partner ecosystem.
· Comfort performing self-directed work in a chaotic and rapidly changing environment.
· Experience interfacing directly with engineering teams to ensure the products they build meet the needs of the partners and customers that ultimately use them.
· Learn from our partner and customer engagements. Our success depends on honestly representing our platform and making them relevant to our customers and partners. We need BDMs who can develop insight into customer and partner priorities and forcefully advocate for them within our engineering organization.
· Exceptional business judgment. Our customers have complex problems, we have many solutions to offer, and we are in a ferociously complex market. Doing this job will require making constant decisions about what opportunities we should and should not pursue, and how we should best approach them.
· Passion for connecting customers with technology to transform their business.
Industry Type :
IT - Software Services
Functional Area :
Sales / Business Development
Desired Candidate Profile
· Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 or more years of sales, business development, or technical pre-sales experience or ICT professional services (OCI Certification preferred)
· 10+ years minimum selling or supporting services sales including project envisioning, planning, and scoping of work effort
· Solid understanding of Business and ICT strategy and enterprise customer approach to broad architectural challenges and opportunities
· Expertise in implementing AWS, Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP either in private or public clouds.
· Deep expertise in sales management, account management - Collaborate with Oracle field sales, pre-sales, and technology partners to help customers learn and use Oracle IaaS services.
· Support short on-site customer projects proving the use of Oracle services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services.
· Demonstrated ability to drive beta programs, and help customers to solve problems using cloud
· Knowledge of other public cloud services (AWS, Azure, or GCE)
· Public profile or proven record of public speaking at relevant tech events
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Define project needs. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.