Based in Beirut with occasional travel to the Field Offices in Zahle, Qobayat, Tripoli, and Tyre, the Partnership Coordinator (PC) will support the Lebanon Country Program in its strategic management of its Partnership Unit. The purpose of the Partnership Unit is to oversee the management, coordination and risk management of IRC's Partnership strategy including but not limited to its sub-awards portfolio. This includes facilitating the Lebanon team s delivery of high quality partnerships that are strategic for IRC, compliant with IRC and donor requirements in order to provide quality services and outcomes for the communities we serve.
The Partnership Unit will oversee all steps in the partnership management lifecycle ensuring that partnerships are considered in the overall project cycle management.
With the support of the senior management team, the PC will also be a leader in building and promoting a culture, attitudes and values conducive to collaborative partnerships among the team, based on a clear and shared understanding of IRC's role and approach, and core partnership principles.
The Partnership Coordinator has four main objectives:
(1) Implementation of the IRC Partnership Management System, including the facilitation of a coherent, inter-departmental, one IRC approach to partnership, with the support of the senior management team;
(2) Strategic oversight of the IRC Lebanon s broader partnership strategy
(3) Developing strategies and mechanisms for cohesive Capacity Strengthening
(4) Promoting a culture of effective and collaborative partnerships for the Country Prorgram
(5) Staff Management and Development
Summary of Responsibilities:
Implementation of the IRC Partnership Management System, including the facilitation of a coherent, inter-departmental, one IRC approach to partnership, with the support of the senior management team;
• Chair the Partnership working group to promote a coherent, strategic and coordinated approach to local partnerships in IRC Lebanon.
• Oversee the partnership management operating procedures for IRC Lebanon that set out efficient and responsive processes, delineate clear roles and responsibilities, and articulate IRC Lebanon s strategic approach to partnerships.
• Oversee, facilitate and coordinate all aspects of sub-award life cycle management, from partner identification, due-diligence, agreement development, start-up, implementation, monitoring through to close-out, coordinating all program, operations and finance components.
• Oversee the pre-award due diligence process with respect to all new sub-awards, including through appropriate vetting, analysis of risks associated with the award, and the identification and implementation of appropriate measures to mitigate those risks, working with other departments as appropriate.
• Oversee the effective startup of sub-awards, including the timely development and delivery of partnership agreements and sub-award opening meetings with partners.
• Oversee the maintenance and coordination of partner program, finance and compliance monitoring schedules and coordinate support for partners to address any concerns or issues that may arise. Ensure response and support plans are implemented.
• Provide and/or facilitate targeted sub-award and partnership management trainings, refresher trainings and ongoing support on partnership management and compliance for key partners and IRC staff
• Facilitate collaborative review and reflection (monitoring) of project with partners, including progress against objectives and donor compliance, and develop monitoring tools as needed, and that key monitoring information and learning are documented.
• Participate in regular partner monitoring visits to ensure that partners operate in compliance with IRC and donor sub-grantee regulations.
• Monitor the timely submission of accurate financial and activity reports from partners.
• Ensure that comprehensive electronic files for partnerships are maintained.
• Oversee and work with other partnership staff to support the drafting and compilation of partner reports into overall donor reports.
Strategic oversight of the IRC Lebanon s broader partnership strategy
• Work with the IRC Lebanon country leadership team to ensure that the Country Strategic Action Plan appropriately leverages the opportunities that collaborative partnerships offer to deliver better outcomes.
• Identify key stakeholders for effective programming through stakeholder analysis and social network analysis
• Promote an effective analysis of local stakeholders and an appropriate identification of IRC s role
• Participate in Go/No-Go discussions to promote program approaches and design that are consistent with the SAP
• Guide and support programs in the development of partnership relationships with governmental agencies and municipalities
• Ensure close follow up and development of partnerships that do not have a financial component
• Ensure the Actor Mapping is up-to-date and accessible to all programs
• Support the incorporation of appropriate partnership related language in all the steps of the IRC project cycle.
Developing strategies and mechanisms for cohesive Capacity Strengthening
• Ensure that all capacity strengthening initiatives are owned by the partner and based on the partnership principles
• Bachelor s degree in relevant discipline, Master s degree a plus.
• Four to Six years international work experience in relief or development programs.
• Demonstrated successful experience working with partners
• Understanding of IRC processes and systems
• Demonstrable understanding of project planning and management cycles, and strong program design skills.
• Highly organized, close attention to detail, and ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a fluid environment.
• Professional fluency in spoken and written English; able to communicate concisely and with impact.
• Very strong English writing and editing skills; strong computer skills.
• Experience in the region preferred.
• Arabic language proficiency is an asset.