A little curiosity can take you anywhere. So, at Hotel Indigo , we do more than satisfy our guests' curiosity, we inspire them. Our passionate colleagues help create memorable and unique experiences for our guests; in a place truly connected to the local neighborhood, infused with intriguing design and local flavors. Where every day brings new discoveries, fresh experiences, and unexpected ideas.
And just like our hotels, no two colleagues are the same. So, we re curious about YOU. How will you inspire the eclectic rhythm in our hotels? How will you bring the local neighborhood story to life? At Hotel Indigo hotels, we re excited to meet spirited characters who can delight the most curious guests.
The hotel will boast 269 tastefully decorated rooms, each thoughtfully designed to reflect the hotels neighborhood story, the story of Dubai creek. Other facilities that our guests can expect include an infinity pool deck, fully equipped fitness center and our neighborhood caf and bar, both offering seamless service and array of experiences reflecting this expressive neighborhood.
Your day to day
In a nutshell, as Finance & Payroll Coordinator In this position, you are responsible to assist the Finance Team with accounting records and updating payroll system and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Make requisition for the stationary and all other office supplies for the smooth operations of the office
• Ensure proper maintenance of accounting records, receive and distribute Finance Department incoming mail
• Ensure that all attendance sheets from different departments are approved before forwarding to Paymaster
• Manage the departmental attendance sheet administration
• Distribute pay slips to the Department Heads and obtain their signatures upon delivery
• Answer incoming calls promptly, transferring calls wherever necessary and record messages accurately
• Call up suppliers to collect pending payments
• Maintain high level of record confidentiality
• Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
• Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
• Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
• Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
• Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
• Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
• Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What we need from you
Hotel Indigo Dubai Downtown is scheduled to open Q2 2020 and we are now seeking an experienced and lively Finance & Payroll Coordinator to join our team. This person will be responsible for the departmental admin and payroll management in this vibrantly designed lifestyle hotel located in a key location in Dubai.
As the first lifestyle branded hotel of IHG in the Middle East, this exciting project really is something to be part of. This is a great opportunity for talented hospitality and Finance professionals to step up in their career and experience a new challenge in a trendy lifestyle brand.
You'll report to the Director of Finance and Business Support, and you ll play a big role in supporting the overall success of the hotel.
The right fit for this role is someone who has solid hotel background with an energetic and fun personality. He/She should be passionate about people and hospitality. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are essential. If you are this person, we d like to meet you.
Ideally, a degree in finance or economics would be beneficial. Applicants can also possess a Certificate III in Business or a Certificate III in Financial Services.
Aside from this, it is imperative that you have great attention to detail, a solid grasp of mathematics, alongside excellent organizational and communication skills. You will also be exposed to confidential information thus a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
What we offer
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organization, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you. We ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefit package.
What s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start with IHG, be involved and grow. So, whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we ll make sure you ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com