Conducts Cardio-Pulmonary Bypass, operates Extra-Corporeal Life Support Technology, and provides Perfusion Services (PS) to the Heart Centre (HC) in the Hospital.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1.Provides PS to the Hospital, conducts and manages Cardio-Pulmonary Bypass on patients undergoing cardio-thoracic surgery, and operates and troubleshoots the related perfusion technology.
2. Provides intra-aortic balloon counter pulsation support technology to medical and surgical patients.
3.Provides extra-corporeal long term life support to surgical/medical patients. Operates, manages, and trouble shooting the related technology including assisting devices.
4. Provides perfusion services support to Organ Transplant Programs and other designated programs of the Hospital.
5. Collects, organizes, and manages patient data base including statistic for patient outcomes relevant to PSs.
6. Revises clinical data, evaluates technical findings and options, and based on pre-determined criteria, provides optimal patient care by implementing the highest standard of safety.
7. Applies problem solving and troubleshooting techniques under pressure and tensed circumstances.
8. Participates in evaluation of actions for efficiency, promoting better quality of care and cost effectiveness.
9. Attends staff and collaborative meetings, self and other related educational activities. Initiatives to build knowledge and continuously upgrade skills and professional practice.
10. Participates in evaluation of new and existing perfusion related technology. Takes actions related to operational and technical safety for all perfusion technology. Participates in close communications with Clinical Engineering Services to ensure all operational and safety standards are met prior any technology is applied in a clinical setting.
11. Responsible for all emergent/urgent situations relevant to PSs.
12. Follows the code of professional conduct and ethics in interactions with staff, patients, and their relatives.
13. Participates in on-call roster and overtime schedules as per the requirement of HC.
14. Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
15. Participates in self and other s education, training, and developments, as applicable.
16. Performs other related dutiesas as signed.
Master s, Bachelor s, or Associate Degree/Diploma in a Health Allied Science plus a graduate of a perfusion training program is required.
Two (2) years of related experience with Master s, four (4) years with Bachelor s, or six (6) years with Associate Degree/Diploma is required.
* Grade 10:
- Four (4) years as Perfusionist at KFSH&RC.
- Average of annual performance appraisal at least (3.5) for the last four (4) years.
- One hundred (100) hours of cumulative continued medical education [CME].
*Current Registration from country of origin and Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS) is required.
* Knowledge of infant and adult clinical perfusion, blood salvaging techniques, and mechanical assist devices is required.