Serves as DHC-8 Pilot in Command and, when required, as Second in Command. Plan flight assignments and obtains information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures and special instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare or supervise preparation of flight plans, considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, cruise control data, airport facilities and navigational aids.
• Ensure proper flight kit is aboard.
• Ensure that required airworthiness inspections have been accomplished and any previous discrepancies have been corrected or properly deferred in accordance with the MEL for that aircraft (as applicable).
• Supervise or accomplish the aircraft preflight inspection and preparation.
• Ensure proper loading, distributing, and security of agent. Ensure that carry-on baggage is placed in cargo area, if required. Determine that aircraft weight and balance is within prescribed limits, prepare Aircraft Flight Maintenance Log, Load Manifest and Discrepancy Record form and ensure that a copy of each Aircraft Flight Maintenance Log, Load Manifest and Discrepancy Record form is delivered to the Operation Support Manager for filing upon the completion of each flight assignment.
• Ensure survival equipment and any special emergency equipment such as life vests are aboard (when required).
• Retain final responsibility for the logging of aircraft flight time and the filing and closing of flight plans and preparation of flight and duty time records.
• Ensure the preparation of the Aircraft Flight Maintenance Log, Load Manifest and Discrepancy Record form, reporting of mechanical irregularities, discrepancies and proper recording of maintenance by maintenance personnel, when maintenance is performed away from the principle operations base.
• Responsible for safety and assuring ramp security is maintained while passengers are being boarded or disembarked.
• Ensure security assessments are made prior to each flight and rules of engagement (ROE) are understood.
• Maintain adequate rest and proper dress.
• Delegate functions to other personnel, but retains overall responsibility.
• Position requires a U.S. Security Clearance.
• Performs routine travel OCONUS and occasionally within the CONUS as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED.
• FAA Commercial and Instrument Airmans Certificate Airplane MEL.
• FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
• Current FAA Class II Medical certificate.
• Successful completion of FAA Type Rating Course in the selected type required before assignment.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 1,500 total fixed wing flight hours including 500 hours of turbine engine time, and 250 hours MEL pilot in command.
• Unrestricted type rating.
• Prior US Military FW Transport pilot qualified and/or support on the DoS INL/A program.
• FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) rating.