(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
• Fly both single and multi-ship day, night, and night vision goggle (NVG) missions; primarily under visual and instrument meteorological conditions.
• Required to maintain NVG currency and instrument proficiency.
• Ensure compliance with all assigned standardization directives, ATM, and ATP requirements.
• Transport passengers and/or cargo to include other missions as directed.
• Perform rated crewmember duties in accordance with ATP requirements.
• Plan and perform loading and unloading activities, compute the center-of-gravity position and ensure it is within prescribed limits at all times.
• Ensure the passenger and cargo compartments are properly configured for each mission.
• Verifies and maintains manifests for cargo and/or personnel.
• Ensure cargo and passengers are properly restrained and confirm security as required.
• Must be able to qualify for Pilot-in-Command (PC) status at the culmination of initial training and maintain PC status at all times, thereafter.
• Perform aircraft and ground servicing and training duties including fueling operations, aircraft configuration changes as assigned and required.
• May be assigned duties as PC, IP, MP, SP, ME or Lead Pilot as qualified, and perform other qualified duties as assigned
• Conduct academic and hands-on performance training and administer evaluations to ensure pilot proficiency and standardization of training in addition to maintaining Individual Aircrew Training Folders (IATFs) and completing required training database entries.
• Ensure all rotary wing RCMs and NRCMs are fully integrated into the ATP, train and evaluates RCMs and NRCM s in their designated aircraft
• Develop individual flight training plans, flight publications, and manuals in support of the organization s mission and ATP.
• Develop and administer examinations to determine the proficiency of rotary-wing pilots, and non-rated crew members.
• Monitor flight instruction including standardization of transitions, annual proficiency reviews, and flight evaluations.
• Report status of crewmember training, proficiency reviews, flight evaluations, currency of certifications and records.
• Provide aviation mission support and flight instruction, aircraft transitions, annual proficiency reviews, and flight evaluations.
• Oversee maintenance of crewmember flight records, weight and balance calculations, and risk assessments.
• Monitor crewmember proficiency in phases of mission planning and flight operations to ensure compliance with policies and directives.
• Maintain knowledge of additions and changes to all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and documentation integral to contract operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
• Qualification in assigned aircraft before or incident to assignment (multi engine or single engine as assigned).
• Demonstrate proficiency and understanding of aircraft systems, components, and operations.
• Thorough knowledge of FAA and ICAO regulations pertinent to operational requirements.
• Documented completion of a manufacturer s course of instruction, military flight training or a DoS program of instruction in designated aircraft.
• Possess a current US passport or the ability to obtain one before assignment.
• Knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel highly desired.
• Individual must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Security Clearance as a condition of employment. A current DoD Secret Security Clearance is preferred.
Experience & Education
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 2,000 total flight hours, including 1000 hours of turbine helicopter time.
• Minimum 300 hours night vision goggle (NVG) helicopter time.
• FAA CFI/CFII or equivalent military Instructor rating.
• 300 documented hours turbine instructor pilot time in a civil or military organization.
• Current FAA Class II Medical Certificate.
• FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
• Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) rating (heavy lift add unrestricted type rating).
• Recent experience in high mountain/desert and tactical operations.
• College degree.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for up to twelve (12) hours per day and sit for up to eight (8) hours per day.
• Must be able to perform rated crewmember duties during mission operations.
• Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
• Must be able to routinely climb/descend stairs.
• Must be able to read and interpret newspaper and typewritten print, maps, aeronautical charts, and weather charts.
• Must be able to crouch, crawl, routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above/below shoulders.
• Must be able to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
• Must be physically capable of climbing vertical ladders or built-in aircraft steps to heights of 10-12 feet.
• May be required to lift up to 50 pounds to a height of four (4) feet and be required to lift up to 20 pounds to a height of seven (7) feet.
• Potential for exposure to hostile fire in this region is high.
• Individual must be able to travel to and between remote locations in austere and/or hostile environments.
• May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
• May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
• May be exposed to fumes, gas, airborne particles, chemical mist, vapors, ultra-violet and infrared radiation.
• May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles or aircraft.
• May be exposed to rapid or extreme temperature changes.
• Travel to and between CONUS and OCONUS locations as requested is required.
• Must be able to travel to and between remote locations in austere and/or hostile environments where the potential for exposure to hostile fire in this region is high and living conditions may be cramped and substandard compared to western (US) standards.
Industry Type :
Airlines / Aviation
Functional Area :
Installation / Maintenance / Operations / Repair