Work with Maintenance Planners and other sections to ensure spares and other support items demanded by maintenance are placed into the logistics process. Procurement of materials, supplies and equipment for maintenance, repair and projects; establish and maintain material cost control procedures. Ensure proper tracking of spares consumption and coordinate with the beneficiary sections and stores regarding the status of the stores, and project future requirement of spares and equipment. Review demand list and order spares to maintain inventory by analysis of the flying hour programs, maintenance schedules, environmental conditions, hardware order/delivery schedules and mean time between failure/overhaul. Perform reconciliation with vendors to ensure repair parts are not delayed. Review demand orders to ensure vendors are providing the best price for the products. Checks and balances the Group requirements to ensure valid and maximized purchases are made.
Will also be responsible to:
1. Plan and order spares from approved suppliers based on demands from maintenance.
2. Ensure all transactions are conducted within organization automated system provided.
3. Maintain and improve service level to customer by ensuring materials are available for operational requirements.
4. Improve supplier performance and forecasting.
5. Select substitute items for spares demanded & Assisting in reviewing technical documents (IPC, CMM, AMM, TB, SB) pertaining to part number creation.
6. Assist superiors in the revision of spares and material requirements; recommend and institute changes to inventory.
7. Work with maintenance team to ensure repair parts are on to meet all missions.
8. Keep immediate operational requirement spares request to a minimum level.
9. Plan and order POL products to arrive just in time.
10. Experienced and familiar to read and understand all type of MSDS, CMM, TB, SB, COC, COO, Calibration Certificates and O/H Report of incoming items from suppliers.
11. Overview the Repair Process Area and carry out inspection and review of all major Unserviceable components and parts for their condition and the repair work requirements, to be able to establish the economic reparability of the components before committing them for repairs/ overhaul.
12. To plan, priorities and ensure repair/ overhaul of component at the Repair facilities are carried out in accordance to the agreed work scope and also meeting the agreed RTAT (Repair Turn Around Time), to be able to provide continuous support to maintenance requirement.
13. To provide technical and analytical support to the front end activity by reviewing Component related repair, vendor performance, supply chain reliability, cost of repairs, performance and reliability issues and providing input to achieve higher productivity.
14. Manage warranty claims for parts under warranty and negotiate warranty rejection by the vendors and evaluate technical rejection. Working with personnel from Maintenance Planning, Production Planning, Operations, Engineering, Finance, IT for all planning related actions.
15. Follow up with Suppliers for items discrepancies / damage and documentations that requires correction.
16. Ensure Import & Export of ITAR Items for shipping and receiving are in compliance with ITAR Regulations.
17. Utilizes the authorized inventory management system and be able to provide the required items at the best possible means. Interacts with the approved Supplier in regards to contracts, (RFQ) Request for Quotation, Pricing/Bid Analysis and expediting delivery.
18. Responsible to ensure good communication is maintained with the End User and the Supplier providing the required parts.