Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development (QF), was founded in 2010 to continue fulfilling QF s vision of unlocking human potential. HBKU is an emerging research university that acts as a catalyst for positive change in Qatar and the region while having a global impact.
The Planning and Evaluation Specialist is responsible for facilitating and managing processes for performance monitoring and evaluation within QEERI in a consistent, comprehensive and systematic manner on an ongoing basis.
Key Result Areas:
• Identify, implement and report on performance management scope, processes and performance data of QEERI and its related centers on an ongoing basis i.e. weekly or monthly basis or as when required by QEERI management
• Identify and recommend Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that are suitable for different QEERI Centers and related business initiatives while managing a balanced measurement system for growth and improvement at QEERI
• Continually improve on performance management processes and to recommend new tools that will give insights into a balanced measurement system that can assist QEERI in identifying areas for improvement and growth where necessary
• Vet and verify performance data submitted by different QEERI centers and research groups in order to ensure completeness and adherence to data quality requirements
• Assist in the development of mitigation/corrective action plans in conjunction with related under-performing QEERI centers and research groups
• Monitor and review performance against corrective plans put in place as part of the performance management processes
• Conduct structured and ad-hoc evaluations in QEERI as needed in order to ensure the effective execution of the whole performance cycle at QEERI and raise reports for the attention of QEERI management
• Identify, classify and disseminate data sets relevant for national-level, RDI-level and QEERI-level reporting purposes and where needed, work with relevant international organizations that will increase the profile of QEERI, RDI, QF and the State of Qatar in terms of statistical data recording in research, development and innovation indicators
• Provide assistance in the analysis of specific projects and initiatives where needed as well as to engage in the monitoring of external national level indicators
• Design qualitative surveys and data-collection instruments where needed in order to assist with the preparations of bi-annually program review workshops and end-stage reviews
• Develop a budget plan that will enhance performance management processes and tools on an annual basis
• Participate in institute-wide events such as QEERI seminars, workshops, socials etc.
• Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
• Work is performed in a standard office environment, with visits to laboratory and field site environments.
• Must comply with all QF policies, procedures and protocols as well as management guidelines and legal regulations applicable to health, safety and environment and all areas of responsibility.
Communications and Working Relationships:
• QEERI Executive Director (ED), ED Office, Operations Director - Frequent contact
• Planning and Project Manager - Direct report, frequent contact
• QEERI staff at all organizational levels - Frequent contact, to facilitate a smooth coordination of activities with ED Office, amongst Centers and laboratories
• QF Directorates and entities - Frequent contact as relevant to activity
• External consultants and contractors - Contact as relevant to activity
Problem Solving & Complexity:
• Evaluates different options when solving problems
• Applies evidence-based approach to problem solving
• Considers the medium-term as well as immediate short-term impact of outcomes and actions
• Demonstrates an awareness of the impact of preferred solution on other projects/ related problems.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
• Accepts responsibility/accountability for own decisions and explains the rationale
• Reviews available information in conjunction with interested parties and arrives at decisions by consensus judging degree of consultation needed to ensure commitment
• Remains calm and resourceful when making difficult decisions, basing them on facts
• Ensures decisions are taken by self and group after reviewing available information whilst exhibiting reasonable foresight.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in management science, data analytics, or performance management
• 6-8 years of experience with relevant responsibilities in performance management, evaluation, planning or business monitoring
• Considerable knowledge of quality and risk management practices
• Proficiency in ERP applications, finance and data management
• Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
How to Apply
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Review of applications is expected to begin soon and continues until the position is filled. We will contact the short listed for conducting the interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets, and medical insurance.
HBKU, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.