This position will have overall responsibility of supervising, planning, and directing the meat production of Chicken, Red Meat & Sea Food on various individual production lines/areas to produce products safely and consistently within quality specifications. This position will supervise and coordinate activities of production supervisors to meet production needs and ensure efficient operation of their assigned area of responsibility. Responsible for: developing and maintaining positive supervisor’s relations; training and developing skills and teamwork of supervisors; ensuring department operates within compliance of HACCP and ensuring all compliance with facility safety rules and company policies. Will oversee supervisor training and development to ensure a quality product is produced at a competitive cost.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead production teams to meet short- and long-term goals.
• Understand Product Yield and should be able to devise system to maintain the same.
• Ensure team member compliance with safety policies and procedures
• Enable teams to complete all required meetings on time; facilitate regular team meetings
• Collect, monitor, and report statistical data and an analysis of the data within specified time frames
• Good understanding of Packing material
• Good Understanding of RM – Sea Food, Chicken and Red Meat
• Should be able to handle RM & FG Stores and their receipt and dispatches.
• Should be able to coordinate with front end operations for FG timely dispatches.
• Identify maintenance challenges and able to get preventive maintenance done on time.
• Comprehend Customer feedback/complaint and should be able to resolve the same through proper channel and system.
• Identify opportunities for improvement, their root causes, and solutions to correct them within a team-based work environment
• Evaluate team member performance and assist team members’ performance improvement, accountability, and advancement through effective goal-setting, feedback, and training.
• Assist with plant process improvement projects
• Support and contribute to achievement of facility goals for safety, people, quality, cost-savings
• Knowledge of and ability to work with computer programs such as Good interpersonal and team building skills.
• Excellent attendance, personnel and safety record.
• Good understanding of fundamental labour and waste control.
• Ability to delegate responsibility.
• Ability to absorb and manage increasing responsibilities and excel in a leadership position.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing methods, process improvements, problem solving techniques and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Must have supervisory experience and possess leadership ability. Familiar with HACCP, SSOP, GMPs. Must have the ability to write reports & business correspondence. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or Food Technologist with an Experience of at least 5 years. Experience in a meat processing facility will be given preferences. Must be computer literate (Excel, PowerPoint & Word). Supervisory experience in a team-based environment.