People Management and Leadership
• Manage all operations in the manufacturing site
• Promote an environment of collaboration, engagement and overall well-being
• Ensure all employees are aware of and comply with company, regulatory and customer policies and procedures
• Conduct a weekly/monthly meeting with all function heads to ensure proper communication and workflow for the achievement of the monthly plans.
• Conduct goal setting, performance appraisals and mentoring/coaching for own team members; collaborate with HR in manpower planning, succession planning and recruitment activities and identifying training needs of team
• Provide leadership, planning and management of all operations including maintenance, facilities, production and safety
Planning and Process Improvement
• Develop manufacturing strategy and plans for the facility s equipment, cost, and manpower.
• Prepare annual manufacturing business plan for the next year (1 plan by mid-December)
• Directing & reviewing preparation of the monthly production plans (12 plans per year)
• Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all operational processes.
• Provides timely, accurate and complete reports to the GM and global manufacturing committee on the operating condition of the manufacturing facility.
• Identify and implement operational metrics to drive efficiency in the organization
• Making sure that entire workings of the manufacturing plant to be according to good pharmaceutical manufacturing practice
• Ensure products are made to the highest quality standards
• Work to meet cost and safety guidelines, while meeting customers expectations and requirements
• Spearhead activities aimed to improve efficiency, material management, utilization of capital, on-time delivery and engineering
• Prepare annual operating budget including major activities to ensure successful cost performance.
• Coordinate with Tech Support, Scale-up and Technology Transfer teams for transfer of technology and troubleshooting
• Stay up to date with registration plans to ensure plants plan new products on the production plans & deliverables of materials.
Audits & Compliance
• Take the lead on site audit preparation and execution. Partner with Quality, Safety, and the other key stakeholders on inspection readiness and response
• Ensure production efficiency is achieved while quality standards are not compromised
• Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with FDA, local MoH and OSHA regulations.
• Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy, Engineering or Industrial Operations
• 15+ years of experience in managing manufacturing plants, minimum of 2-3 years experience in managing plant operations.
• Very strong experience in manufacturing.
• Very strong experienced with requirements of EMA regulation
• Very strong leadership and communication skillsProficiency in both written and spoken Arabic and English languages, French language is a plus
• A firm understanding of Regulatory and GMP Requirements
• High technical competency using computers including proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge and experience in ERP systems implementations.
• LEAN, LEAN Six Sigma or Six Sigma experience preferred.
• Excellent experience in managing teams and people management