T-Solutions is the company people want to work for and work with when seeking global services and innovative solutions. We employ highly qualified and uniquely skilled professionals who are committed to providing services with integrity. We are the preferred partner to deliver excellence and to enrich our clients, employees and communities.
Who We Are
T-Solutions creates exceptional, responsive solutions to complex challenges for our global clients in the field of government contracting. We are an innovative, agile provider of specialized, technical solutions and an exceptional cache of capabilities that enable mission-critical operations and decision making. We provide the expertise and guidance needed to help customers succeed in today s era of defense, security, maintenance engineering, logistics, and business transformation. Our core competencies are aligned with the current needs of our customers; and those competencies anticipate and facilitate work with our customer to address their future needs. We are continually striving to adapt emerging and proven technologies to further enhance the abilities of our customers and partners.
We currently seeking candidates for our Port Engineer position, located at our Manama, Bahrain station. This position serves as T-Solution s on-board representative. The primary function of this role is to routinely validate shipboard conditions through personal observation and evaluation. Port Engineers are active leaders as part of a maintenance team and serve as the Type Commander (TYCOM), as well as the Commanding Officer s primary representative for all off ship maintenance and modernization. They are intimately familiar with the operational and maintenance requirements of their assigned ships(s) to ensure mission readiness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages an online database for all jobs.
• Validates work requests, assigns preliminary estimates, and plans prioritized work packages within budget and time constraints for TYCOM approval.
• Reviews work specifications, coordinates schedules with repair activities, oversees repairs, and providing input for all maintenance funding decisions.
• Meets daily with the ships crew, department heads and commanding officer.
• Reviews implementation, challenges, opportunities and resources relating to the Consolidated Ship s Maintenance Plan.
• Recommend suggestions and edits to the Ship s Force if the current content does not provide accurate or complete information to determine the location.
• Provides risk assessment and prioritization to the vessel s commanding officer using the approved TYCOM format of all on and off ship maintenance requirements.
• Attends weekly status meetings and provides requested status information to support maintenance planning and correction maintenance recommendations.
• Attends ship maintenance, repair, and assessment events to answer real-time questions surrounding logistics, maintenance scope, funding shortfalls, budgetary constraints and mission impacts.
• Develop agendas and present details on the Planning Board for Maintenance and deconflict planned and unplanned operational, schedule, and work integration issues.
• Performs a weekly review and ship check, to include applicable personal observations and discussions of all assessments, planned refreshments.
• Reviews the entire maintenance process.
• Provide an annual prioritized list for all off-ship maintenance requirements for the development of the Maintenance and Modernization Business Plan.
• Develops recommendations for authorized work packages within TYCOM established funding controls.
• Provide a business case analysis in the prescribed TYCOM format for recommending changes to the business plan.
• Provide funding shift recommendations for efficient execution of availabilities.
• Possesses the necessary knowledge and adheres to contractual requirements for our Government clients.
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
This position includes a low level of travel.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or GED equivalent and a Bachelor s Degree in Engineering. A minimum of four years of sailing experience as an operating engineer or twenty years of engineering experience in the US Navy.
• Must possess a valid Driver s License
• Must have reliable transportation to and from various work locations
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
Must have at least the USCG Third Assistant Engineer License.
T-Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.