Chief Process EngineerPrivate
Provide technical knowledge, expertise and authority on all process engineering matters and work to broaden the company s expertise in this area to include specifically the area of gas and oil treatment techniques and processing. To implement and supervise all process engineering activities throughout a project life cycle, from concept to commissioning and start-up and performance testing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Organising Tasks
1. Provides process engineering support to various projects as directed
2. Preparation of conceptual designs for modification or new process facilities
3. Preparation of process engineering design philosophies, process simulations (including dynamic), calculations, Heat and Material Balances, Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment sizing/datasheets, control narratives, . 4. Ensures application of correct codes and standards in the design and development projects and develops project strategies for presentation to Management for approval
5. Prepares equipment specifications, reviews bids, and recommends selections.
6. Provides process design and engineering evaluations, plant troubleshooting activities and operations support. 7. Coordinate deliverables from Contractors, other disciplines, and suppliers during the execution of the project to ensure that process intent has been adequately incorporated into the facility design
8. Intercepts and collects data from technical/operating staff to recommend solutions ensuring that all aspects of an operation or process meet specified regulations.
9. Provides technical input to enable budget costs to be estimated
10. Perform regular and timely technical reviews of Process engineering deliverables developed by engineering consultants / contractors, ensuring design quality in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practices. 11. Identify issues (problems, value improvement opportunities) and help clarify areas of complexity during all phases of the engineering design work.
12. Participates in the preparation of safety studies, HAZOP s, SILs and risk assessment reports
13. Investigates new technology areas and potential technology partners to further develop the company s scope of work.
14. Mentors and develops company s process engineers
Reporting and Working Relationships
15. Reports to the Director, Projects on all projects related activities and critical issues.
16. Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position
17. Continues development of professional expertise, ideally through achievement of professional related certification.
18. Attends appropriate courses to develop core and technical skills and keep track with contemporary process engineering and management practices.
Specific knowledge and expertise in gas treatment techniques and processes including amine gas treatment.
Expert level in process simulation packages such as HYSYS, Flaresim, Promax.
Thoroughly conversant with international codes, methodologies and standards applicable to process engineering
Working and Other Reporting Relationships
Executive Director, Projects
Frequent Supervisory Responsibility
Company Process Engineers Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering
Minimum Professional Experience Required
At least 20 years experience of Process Design and Engineering within the Oil and Gas sector
Member of professional institution (eg., IChemE) preferred