Organization Name Electrical and Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
• To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
• Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
• We have an opening for a Postdoctoral Researcher to conduct basic and applied research in computer vision developing novel deep learning networks to develop a novel method for early prediction of Alzheimer disease.
• Develop novel deep learning models suitable for use in Alzheimer disease prediction and assessment. Mentor research assistants and collaborate with external academic groups to advance our research goals.
• Publish research results in top-tier journals and at leading international conferences
• Ph.D. in the field of computer vision, image processing, artificial intelligence, or a related field.
• Proven record of accomplishment including first-authored journal publications.
• Proficient in programming language like Python and Matlab.
• Familiarity with a deep learning library like Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras and Caffe.
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
• 3+ years research experience in computer vision and machine learning.
• 3+ years experience with programming language such as Python, MATLAB, C/C++.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
• Passport-size photograph
• Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team ( RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae ) ?