• Post-Doc Research Fellow to work on the project R4II.2 Visual Multi-spectral Semantic Analysis and Prediction using Unmanned Vehicles , in KUCARS.
• He/she will manage, research technical, administrative, and organizational matters relating to this project, including a wider context of the project within KUCARS.
• To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
• Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
• Assume primary responsibility for the development of the research project R4II.2
• Initiating, coordinating and conducting research activities within R4II.2 project Work Packages.
• Project management - ensuring outcomes are delivered on time.
• Supporting and assisting post-graduate students assigned to R4II.2 project.
• Documentation - producing technical and organizational documents related to R4II.2 project, including conference and journal papers.
• Event Management - planning and coordinating activities and events (evaluation sessions, demos, etc.) related to R4II.2 project, also in a wider context of KUCARS activities and events.
• Budgets - assisting in managing budgets related to R4II.2 project and estimating budget requirements, in coordination with KU entities (Procurement, Finance, etc.).
• Stakeholder Engagement - coordinating external stake holder engagement including support to raising event sponsorship money
• Publicity reporting to KU External Relations on activities requiring publicity and dissemination (including involvement in publicity materials, promotional videos, advertisements, etc.)
• Engagement with KU community
• PhD in Robotics/Computer Vision or closely related discipline
• Hands on experience related to more than one of the following themes: mobile robotics, machine vision, multispectral imaging.
• Project management experience.
• Technical writing skills.
• Dealing with external and internal stakeholders.
Good to have:
• Experience in machine learning/deep learning
• Experience in robotics competitions or science-based competitions
• Experience in participating in robotics competitions
• Must possess knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job effectively.
• Excellent knowledge and proven expertise in one or a combination of the following areas: Machine Vision, Mobile Robotics and Multispectral Imaging.
• Professional technical document writing
• Research project planning, coordination and management
• General document editing skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
• Strong programming skills in Matlab/C++/Python
• Familiarity with both Windows and Linus operating systems
• Familiarity with real-time systems (e.g. ROS).
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
• Passport-size photograph
• Teaching and Research Statement