This position is contingent upon a contract award**
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Power Plant Manager to support a large Base Operations Support (BOS) program providing operations & maintenance (O&M) support services to our U.S. government customer in Iraq. The program shall support O&M, full supply chain fuel services, renovation and construction projects, and other limited logistics support. The ideal candidate will have experience working on other large O&M programs in contingency environments.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Manages daily operations of Power Plant and power generation personnel
• Oversees the installation, maintenance and repair of all control panels, electrical, generator, power grids, substation, switch gear and transformers
• Develops plans, prepares and executes scheduling for preventive, predicted and corrective maintenance are completed
• Prepares estimates for various projects with material, labor and time requirements
• Ensure all staff to include subcontractor's conducts work place safety practices in accordance with OSHA, NFPA, local codes, PWS and contract requirements.
• Provides technical advice and oversight
• Responsible to ensure work is accomplished in accordance with all applicable, maintenance manuals, codes and contract's Performance Work Statement (PWS)
• Develop and enforce standard operating procedures (SOPs) and performance metrics for all Power Plant activities
• Ensure completion of all inspections and testing are conducted with no degradation of services or outages
• Conducts acceptance inspections on newly assigned power generation equipment.
• Ensures Power Plant and power generation remain certified and licensed to conduct their assigned tasks
• Bachelor s Degree from an accredited U.S. college or university; experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
• 7 years of relevant experience
• DoS or DoD Top Secret clearance
• Advanced demonstrated Microsoft Office skills, to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
• Excellent demonstrated writing and speaking skills.
• Excellent demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent demonstrated interpersonal skills.
• Excellent demonstrated critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the U.S. Government Contracting industry.
• Demonstrated experience with running large O&M programs in a contingency environment
• Fluency in a foreign language is desired, but not required.