Cisco seeks an experienced Systems Engineer to help drive sales opportunity at a major multinational Service Provider to help them in transforming their network architectures, by utilizing Cisco's world-class products, technologies and solutions.
At Cisco we aim to empower our Service Provider customers to drive profitable business outcomes, crafting many growth opportunities through innovation. We have enabled Service Providers to transform the experience, transform their business and architectures with open and flexible solutions. We use our assets to solve our Service Provider s critical challenges. Do you want to help with this change? In this role you will have chance to lead market transitions in your customer!
What you will do:
You will conduct technical presentations, showcase Cisco products and solutions, set up demonstrations and explain features and benefits to customers. As a trusted advisor to the customer, you will design and configure products to meet specific customer needs. You will gain access to and focus on a wide palette of the Cisco Service Provider Network Portfolio: Routing, Mobility, Automation/Orchestration and Optical. You will also deal with opportunities related to customer's use of other technologies in Cisco's portfolio, like Data Centre or Security. In addition to having a strong technical background you will need to have the ability to learn and keep up to date on networking trends on software enablement, API s, Network Programmability and Virtualization/NFVI.
You will work with a wide variety of technologies and will therefore need strong team working and consultative skills and capacities to effectively showcase Cisco products and solutions, demonstrate technical solutions and capabilities, conduct Proof-of-Concept (PoC) tests.
You're interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion, energy, tenacity and confidence to work across all Cisco Products. You should possess and/or cultivate strong Business Unit relationships, and be able to navigate through Cisco's business groups (Services, Marketing, Architecture and Development Teams) effectively.
Who you ll work with
In this dynamic, customer focused role, you will partner directly with a Solutions Account Manager and an extended team to position complex software and hardware solutions, focused on solving the business and technical problems of our customer. In that capacity you will be part of a multinational account team serving the customer and you will rely on an extended network of Cisco services professionals and Technical teams, with close support of your sales leadership/executives.
Who You Are:
You should excel in presenting technical architectures, solutions and products to key decision-makers from Managers to Directors and above. She or he should be comfortable presenting to both small and large audiences. The individual will possess relevant technical background in Cisco products related to technical design and implementation of complex secure network architectures based on technologies like Routing, Mobility, Automation or Orchestration.
• 5+ years-related experience.
• Cisco product experience or meaningful experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required.
• Pre-Sales experience highly recommended.
• Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
• CCIE preferred
• Understanding of the Service Provider Business
• Understand customer business drivers and how to map these to a customer network platform Technical Acumen
• Understand networking industry trends, including new products and solutions
• Advanced knowledge in Routing, Access, Mobility, Automation, Orchestration, Data Centre Technologies
• Working Knowledge in Software Defined Networking and Programmability
• Excellent technical consulting skills, including ability to define trade-offs, ask probing questions, and incorporate Cisco solutions into a broader technology environment
• The technical specialist SE has an in-depth knowledge of their specialization and adjacent technologies including product, technology, and customer information
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything people, process, data and things and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.