As you know, SAP s vision is to help the world run better and improve people s lives.
As THE cloud company powered by SAP HANA , SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries Run Simple.
We empower people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. Here, you work alongside creative thinkers who share your intets, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you re able to build your career. It s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
Purpose and objectives
The Presales Business Architect leads and manages strategic presales activities for a given set of opportunities and customers and support driving the digital transformation vision and roadmap. The business architect (hereafter BA) serves as a confidante to sales team to plan and orchestrate sales engagements and to set the appropriate team of Specialists. A BA is an evangelist for the SAP digital transformation, cloud strategy and solutions in their discussions with customers to influence opinions and inspire action. The BA must have a good working knowledge of SAP solutions, and how they relate to customers expectations and requirements.
The BA engages with the customers to ideate on new and innovate solutions and works closely with the team to architect solutions that solve our customer s most complex business problems. The BA must be resourceful and creative and be able to work collaboratively with the SAP virtual account team, partners and customers. The BA must possess strong solution selling and value-based selling skills.
• Serve as the single point of contact for the Account Executives and specific customers in support of sales opportunities being the key driver from vision to use cases to tangible solution proofs.
• The BA orchestrate internal and external engagement as a deal captain, drive deal qualification, prioritization and setting the right team in close co-operation with the Account Executive and Presales Manager.
• BAs will spend time with customers and lead the engagement with key stakeholders by actively participating in customer meetings, events and evangelize business innovation topics in customer industry language and solutions.
• Facilitate innovation workshops with design thinking techniques and ensuring consistent theme and readiness for workshop/demo delivery.
• BAs own the quality of the solution specific proposals (presentations, demonstrations, innovation workshops etc.) by driving the process from vision to use cases to tangible solution proofs
• Co-create the digital transformation vision with key stakeholders at customer and SAP.
• BAs hold themselves and others accountable to the standards established via Best-Run for delivering memorable customer engagements.
• Responsible for resource search and reaches out to presales manager for approval and allocation/staffing of the identified resources in the system.
• Drive deliverables as Business Transformation Roadmaps, Solution feasibility studies and proposals, Business case input, RFx s, Use case stories to fulfil vision, Solution maps, manage PoC, Mock-ups etc
• Build strong relationship with SAP Sales teams and with their assigned customers
• Experienced in presenting to and talking with C-level managers and orchestrate to co-operation of cross teams (Business, IT etc)
• Excellent team management skills and experience with orchestration of complex deals envisioning the big picture and value for the customer
• Provide best-practice guidance on customer processes and present business values related to solution proposition and roadmap
• Self-confident, action and result oriented with a passion for success
• Innovative thinking
• Ability to work in international and virtual teams
• Excellent communication skills on all levels
• 8+ years of professional experience including min 5 years of Business Consulting and/or Presales experience in areas appropriate to the job
• MBA or equivalent degree required from accredited university preferred
• Expert knowledge/expertise on the end-to-end SAP processes/solution
• Experience in sales and presales processes
• Digital transformation, Business Consulting and/or Presales experience
• Leadership experience in virtual and cross- functional teams
• C-Level messaging and influencing experience
• Fluency in English, Arabic other language an asset.
Industry Type :
IT - Software Services
Functional Area :
Sales / Business Development